Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add your info to My Law School Numbers!

TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
in General 711 karma

Doing so will help crowd source really important data that will help future law school applicants realistically find the schools that best fit their needs and abilities. :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com

It doesn't take a whole lot of time.

You can check out my profile here! http://lawschoolnumbers.com/PublicInterested

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Just saw your profile and I plan to send most of my apps this weekend. Do you know if submitting apps in late December considered late? I heard otherwise from admissions people but the forun poster indicate it is

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Just saw your profile and I plan to send most of my apps this weekend. Do you know if submitting apps in late December considered late? I heard otherwise from admissions people but the forun poster indicate it is

Short answer: not really.

Long answer: degree of lateness depends on the school, but late-December probably isn't "too late" or any of them.

I think I would define "sending an application in late" in terms of "sending the application in after the school has already sent out acceptances to and thus 'filled up' all or 80%+ of their class." I doubt most schools have already done this by late December (or rather, early January, when they would actually get around to reading your application).

For example, some schools get tons of early applications but may still take a long time to fill up their class because maybe they want to wait to check out the pull, administratively take longer to send out decisions, waitlist a larger portion of their applicants, or take an extra long vacation. :)

I think that mid-late December is probably the average submission date. There's a wave of folks in January with December scores and there's a wave of folks way earlier in October-ish because of the September score.

I wouldn't worry about it. It won't be a huge knock to your chances.

It's also incredibly finicky and difficult to predict--another reason to not worry about it.

711 karma

You know what.

Just check this link out. :)

http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/timeline/chart/

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@"nicolas.saw" said:

You know what.

Thanks @"nicolas.saw" Ill check that link out! I hope your cycle goes well

711 karma

@"nicolas.saw" said:

You know what.

Thanks @"nicolas.saw" Ill check that link out! I hope your cycle goes well

Same to you!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

In at Berkeley today! I may have to make one of these LSN accounts. :]

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited January 2018 4423 karma

@goingfor99th said:

Make it quick. Ideally you would make it and update it regardless of whether you get into individual schools or get turned down. We don't want an acceptance bias in the numbers.

3072 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@goingfor99th said:

Make it quick. Ideally you would make it and update it regardless of whether you get into individual schools or get turned down. We don't want an acceptance bias in the numbers.

I will do my best to be honest. lol

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

This thread should be a sticky! We always tell people to check mylsn for odds of acceptance, but it only works if a lot of people are (honestly) uploading all of their stats. The more people on it, the more reliable!

edited February 2018 3072 karma

--

711 karma

Thanks for doing this! Awesome list. :) Congrats on UCB--that's totally my dream school. Did they give you any money? :o

Interesting elements of your applications, too. I'd be curious to ready your personal statement!

edited January 2018 3072 karma

@PublicInterested said:

Thanks for doing this! Awesome list. :) Congrats on UCB--that's totally my dream school. Did they give you any money? :o

Interesting elements of your applications, too. I'd be curious to ready your personal statement!

No problem, glad to share. I hope it helps!

Thank you very much! No money yet. I still have to register for financial aid. :]

Send me your email and I'm happy to share.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    I just created an account. How do I share the link? I can't find it. My name is, "iliketolearn."

Congrats on UCB! Our stats are super similar, and I'm also first gen. Haha. I'll be curious to see how your cycle pans out. My apps aren't quite out yet so will still be a wait for me.

@"Leah M B" said:

@goingfor99th said:
    I just created an account. How do I share the link? I can't find it. My name is, "iliketolearn."

Congrats on UCB! Our stats are super similar, and I'm also first gen. Haha. I'll be curious to see how your cycle pans out. My apps aren't quite out yet so will still be a wait for me.

Thank you!

I'm curious to see how you do, too! Good luck. :]

• supboardersupboarder Alum Member
    109 karma

@goingfor99th Awesome stats! I noticed you mentioned that you were granted an LSAC fee waiver. I'm curious if law schools make note of that and whether it factors into their decision. I was also granted a fee waiver so I'm wondering if anyone might know.

@supboarder said:
    @goingfor99th Awesome stats! I noticed you mentioned that you were granted an LSAC fee waiver. I'm curious if law schools make note of that and whether it factors into their decision. I was also granted a fee waiver so I'm wondering if anyone might know.

Thank you!!!

I'm not sure, but considering how difficult it is to get one I suspect it's at least a consideration.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I’m lmb38 but essentially no data yet since apps aren’t out.