Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade to ultimate?

Coco_119Coco_119 Alum Member
in General 147 karma

I plan on taking the test in june. I currently have the starter and i have hard copies of all lsat prep tests 38-81. Is the upgrade to ultimate worth it? Im in a cash crunch right now but having only hard copies of lsats is kind of annoying.

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

You could probably convert those hard copies to PDFs for your own personal use in a few days... painstaking but possible.

The big factor in deciding for yourself is LR/RC video explanations, since months of access is extendible. What are your section scores?

It's been worthwhile for me. I've benefitted a great deal from those video explanations in conjunction with my own BR and review with study partners. I understand money is money, but if you need to improve LR and RC, I would recommend reconsidering your budget to see if you can shift things around to make the purchase easier.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2019 23929 karma

I can't answer if you should or shouldn't upgrade, but I can tell you that it is worth it.

You get all of the following, plus way more...

drill by type packs for LR
    LG bundle
    all the tests in printable format
    8000+ Question bank
    detailed video explanations for over 7000 questions
    medium + hard problem sets
    18 months access

All this material will be priceless in helping you on your LSAT journey. My personal favs have been all of the explanations and the drill by type LR packs.

[Admin note: Ultimate+ includes 12 months now]

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I think you should; you'll get more than just the PTs like what @"Alex Divine" stated above.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    edited January 2018 1755 karma

can't you find free LR/RC answer explanations from Manhattan/Velocity/LSATHacks/Powerscore? Is there that big a difference btw those free online answer explanations and the 7sage video explanations? @"Alex Divine" @tringo335

• Coco_119Coco_119 Alum Member
    147 karma

@jkatz1488 thanks.im doing a retake. 5 years ago i got a 164. Im doing well on LR this time, i get about -4 and -2 on LR sections but RC and LG im pretty bad like -5 to -8, so im looking to improve my scores on those two sections to equal my LR score

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 3279 karma

@"chang.richard.94" said:
    can't you find free LR/RC answer explanations from Manhattan/Velocity/LSATHacks/Powerscore? Is there that big a difference btw those free online answer explanations and the 7sage video explanations? @"Alex Divine" @tringo335

7sage appears to be the only place that has explanations for everything (I haven't used Velocity though). I found LSATHacks explanations to be helpful, and used it in combination with 7sage explanations. I used the Manhattan and Powerscore forums as a last resort.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@"chang.richard.94" said:

Yeah, I'd say so. The beauty of 7Sage is in JY's ability to break things down visually on video in a way that is intuitive and easy to understand. The same reasons the lessons are so amazing is the same reason I love the explanations.

You don't get the same detailed process of how to solve questions from MLSAT/Velocity/Powerscore. You merely get a written explanation of the answer; not the process of how to solve it like you get from the 7Sage explanations.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

It's basically the best value out there, I think.

• Coco_119Coco_119 Alum Member
    147 karma

Thanks guys. Im not taking this test until June, so I think I'll upgrade in a month or two.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Peter.p.l" said:
    Thanks guys. Im not taking this test until June, so I think I'll upgrade in a month or two.

You won't regret it :)