Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

160 December... should I take February

Details: I woke full time and scored a 157 in Sept, and a 160 in December although my PTS are closer to the lower mid 160s. I plan on putting my applications in regardless within the next 48 hours but should I take the February LSAT in hopes of higher financial aide?

Comments

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

@"nelms.francis" said:
    Details: I woke full time and scored a 157 in Sept, and a 160 in December although my PTS are closer to the lower mid 160s. I plan on putting my applications in regardless within the next 48 hours but should I take the February LSAT in hopes of higher financial aide?

I would not take the February test and instead push it until June or September in order to shore up the necessary fundamentals to obtain a mid-160. 2 hours a day to a mid-160 is not enough for February, so I'm for taking it later in the year so you can get the score you want.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

You don't have anything to lose with a February take. However, if it turns out really well and you don't think your results(either admissions or scholarships) reflect that or you think you could do better on another retake, seriously consider waiting until next cycle. That would give you the ability to both max out your LSAT and get your apps in early.

The opportunity cost of a year is nothing to sneeze at, but neither is tuition at a law school or graduating with a lower than necessary chance at a job.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I agree to take in Feb and if you do get a much better score than you anticipated apply again next cycle.