application status - 'under review' necessary?

smtaylor1217smtaylor1217 Free Trial Member

Hi all,

In your experience, do all schools with a status checker switch your application status to 'under review' or something similar before sending you an admissions decision? Or do some simply mark your application complete and then eventually send you their decision?

Just trying to brace myself for who I might expect to hear back from soon.

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Unfortunately, every school is different. Georgetown, for example, does not update the status checker after the application goes complete. TLS is a great place to find out information about this, especially in the What to Expect When Expecting thread.

• Michael MaMichael Ma Alum Member
    186 karma

The latter. Schools like Georgetown don’t update their status at all besides noting when the application is complete.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@smtaylor1217, Have you gotten any decisions yet? How many schools did you apply to?

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

It depends on the school!
    USC has changed for me and says "under review" but many others do not!

• smtaylor1217smtaylor1217 Free Trial Member
    55 karma

@lsatplaylist I applied to seven schools at the end of December and two more the first week of January. I've heard back from three schools (2 accepts,1reject).

Out of the six I am waiting on, four have a status of 'completed' (Georgetown included :)) and 2 are 'under review'/ 'ready for review'.

@uhinberg I'll definitely checkout the TLS thread!