Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mistake prior to Saturday

Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
edited February 2018 in February 2018 LSAT 903 karma

I feel like I made a horrible mistake by taking PT82 prior to sitting this Saturday. I did the test as quick as I could, pretty nonchalantly. I did horrible. I went -9 on each LR, -3 on LG, and -8 on RC. I haven't gone -9 on an LR section in a long time, let alone 2 sections in a row on the same test. My goal is a 165, I did a 158 on the last PT before the real thing. I'm afraid of burn out prior to Saturday but Im also afraid that if I take Wed, Thurs, & Friday off I may not be warmed up enough for Saturday morning. Any thoughts? I normally go -3/4 on LR, and -1/3 on LG.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I wouldn't take another test, but I'd thoroughly review PT 82.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

First off, breathe. It's fine. Your abilities are exactly the same as they were before you took PT 82, so the only thing that may have changed is your confidence. To get that back, just do what you should normally do after each PT. I do think that leaving it unresolved at this point would likely be a mistake. So review. Identify and correct your mistakes and let the exercise reinforce the process of how you're going to avoid them on Saturday. Look at it as an opportunity for one final review to diagnose specific causes behind a significant underperformance. That's a good thing, so do your work and keep out of your head. You should have time to review with plenty left over to take it easy and chill out a bit.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

Thank you, I plan on doing a full in depth review tomorrow and taking Thurs and Friday off.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise--a chance to get things squared away before the live performance.