Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Search text within a lesson

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited February 2018 in General 14055 karma

Hey everyone, I want to announce that you can now search text within a lesson!

Some of you are thinking, "Wait, we couldn't do that before?" Yeah, that wasn't a thing before. But now it is!

Try it out. Let us know if it's working right for you.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited February 2018 9377 karma
  • 136 karma

Awesome

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Love it! I used to use control + F to search lessons but the results never were as detailed as they are now. :smiley: Thank you!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@Sami said:
    Love it! I used to use control + F to search lessons but the results never were as detailed as they are now. :smiley: Thank you!

We were able to search the titles of the lessons (with command + F or control + F) but now we can look for Goku! Lol

https://pa1.narvii.com/5894/a539736e88a5be738ff8fab7822f1d88cc94753b_hq.gif

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

This is awesome! A couple things to note...

I tried searching for "bi-conditional" and it only brought up 1 lesson. Looking at it, I think that the search doesn't include the lesson titles. It didn't bring up "Advanced: Bi-conditionals" under Advanced Logic. So, that would be helpful if it's possible. Also a general note that as I went through the CC, a lot of lessons were video only with no text. I'd thought in the past that text would be really helpful. Is that something you guys are working on or might include in the future? I'm sure it would be nice for both the hearing-impaired and also folks like me who sometimes skim through the lessons at work and may not be able to watch a video at the time... haha. :) An added bonus that it could help in these text search results.

Also, that particular search just made me realize that the word is written as "biconditional" on one lesson title without the dash, and once with it. Totally don't mean to nitpick, but consistency could help in the new search.

Thank you!! That search function is awesome though, that will be really helpful.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14055 karma

Yeah, all that makes a lot of sense. Definitely will be adding text over time.

Regarding searching titles, the instant filter, above and to the right, filters / searches titles of classes and lessons.

This was meant to search inside the lessons.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    Yeah, all that makes a lot of sense. Definitely will be adding text over time.

Regarding searching titles, the instant filter, above and to the right, filters / searches titles of classes and lessons.

This was meant to search inside the lessons.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Just a little funny to have a search not come up for a lesson with the key word in the title, because there is no text on the page.

Thanks!