Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for infamous game to practice before make up test

ArtoriusArtorius Alum Member
edited February 2018 in Logic Games 188 karma

Hi everyone,

I am gathering some infamous LGs to practice before the make up test which will happen this Saturday.

Base on my own PTs and recommendations I saw in the past, so far I have the following:

1) PT 36 - Game 3 - The Bus Game
2) PT 41 - Game 3 - Committees Game
3) PT 41 - Game 4 - Circular Table Game
4) PT 79 - Game 4 - Computer Virus Game
5) PT 83 - Game 3 - Train Station Closing Game
6) PT 83 - Game 4 - Air Quality/ Floors Game

Is there any other game(s) you guys would recommend?

Thanks.

Comments

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited February 2018 1866 karma

PT31 - Game 2 - CDs on sale in a music store a.k.a The Legally Blonde Game

Edit: Also wanted to add PT34 - Game 4 - Doctors at Souderton or Randsborough.
    It's not exactly infamous, but I think it's a solid game in regards to conditional logic practice.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

PT 68, G4

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited February 2018 5120 karma

Calling @BinghamtonDave :)

Can you give me an indication of possible weaknesses in LG and what PTs are fresh for you? I have a couple of different groupings that I have compiled before I sit for a test. Happy to share :)

edited to add:
    you have Ultimate +!!
    hope you have done PT A & B, Superprep C2 LG as well

• twssmithtwssmith Alum

Hope this advice helps:) When focusing on drilling LG leading up to test day, one of the things I have found helpful is to make it a mix of easy games intermingled with hard games creating more of an LG section. It isn't just the mental ability to get the game right, it can be more about timing to rush through an "easy" game and miss a point while trying to get to the harder games to get all of the points. I sat for 79 & got virus game correct but I rushed thru another game and missed an inference... Balance and you will do great!!

PT27 the whole set is good if you haven't seen it in a while
    PT 77 G3
    PT75 G4 was personally not one of my favs on 1st PT take.
    PT65 G4 is a good one to pay attention to details

Following are a few that may not seem as challenging but are quicker with different approaches on set-ups... apologies but don't have the specific PTs:(

• colored balls GRW stacked in in boxes, - colored lights GRW in open sequential game,
    • the zone LGs - PT 67 is one, airplane zones crossing paths, & there are 2 others that involve pathways between islands? another is lampposts on/off on a grid?
    • stain glassed windows, 2 different games of them at least?

All the best but don't over do it!! Look forward to hearing about your success :)

• twssmithtwssmith Alum

@"Habeas Porpoise" said:
    PT31 - Game 2 - CDs on sale in a music store a.k.a The Legally Blonde Game

Edit: Also wanted to add PT34 - Game 4 - Doctors at Souderton or Randsborough.
    It's not exactly infamous, but I think it's a solid game in regards to conditional logic practice.

Greatest call on those 2 games!! They are still at the top of my stack always to ensure I keep my LG game up to par <3

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

@twssmith post has covered basically all that needed to be recommended. Ideal, I would always recommend having experience with every game you can get your hands on, but a small list should include all those games mentioned above.

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

The Stained Glass Window game from PT62, Lizards and Snakes from PT 27, and the Hannah Game from PT 2.

• ArtoriusArtorius Alum Member
    188 karma

Thanks everyone, all these should keep me busy for the coming week.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

PT 57 Game 4 wasnt exactly a weird game but it felt slow and its a good grouping game you can work on.