Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback on LSAT Trainer for Logical Reasoning

Hi,

I was interested in knowing what people think about the LSAT Trainer as a supplementary resource for logical reasoning questions. Would it be worth the investment?

Thanks!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Hi @FutureLawyer007,

I read the LSAT Trainer before enrolling in 7Sage. I have to say that 7Sage is much more comprehensive. But the book might give you a new perspective.

Here are similar discussions that might help you:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/14558/lsat-trainer-worthwhile
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/12125/should-i-buy-lsat-trainer
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11572/lsat-trainer-do-i-honestly-really-need-it

• 62 karma

@akistotle Thanks! So it seems like the general consensus is to invest in the trainer if i need a new perspective on topics/questions types i might be having difficulty with, and other than that stick to 7sage.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I intended to go through the LSAT trainer after doing the 7sage CC so I bought it off amazon when I started doing the CC. Wish I bought it later so i’d still have the option of returning it. Something with SA questions wasn’t clicking for me so I looked to the SA section of the Trainer and it was really hard for me to just...read it. It also felt a little bit too dumbed down for me? I feel like something you could explain with a few words and a diagram takes many written sentences to explain. The Trainer feels a little over explained to me. Most wrong ACs can be dismissed as “this is irrelevant.” The Trainer seems to explain beyond that. It was just kind of overwhelming to read through and I feel like it is more beneficial for one to figure out on their own why a certain AC is irrelevant. ie by writing out your own explanation of the argument. I prefer just going to the comments section of question videos or post in the discussion forum if there is a question AC I didn’t understand based on JY crossing it out and saying “this is irrelevant.” I didn’t realize I was more of a visual+audio learner for the LSAT but I don’t think the trainer is for me.

I’m not saying this as a person who is scoring 170+ on the LSAT though, so maybe to get there you do have to read the book

• 62 karma

@"surfy surf" yee i'm hearing mixed reviews. I think i'll stick to drilling more questions rather than spending time reading the trainer. Thanks for the input.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Here's my honest opinion so you don't waste time like I did. Don't buy the Trainer. 7Sage is much more comprehensive and their strategies are amazing. The Trainer makes some good points but for the most part it's very repetitive and doesn't give concrete answers for why answer choices are right and wrong. It just keeps repeating "what's wrong with that?" as if you're supposed to know why an answer choice is wrong. If you end up getting the book you'll see what I mean but I would just stick with 7Sage. I feel like I wasted months that I'll never get back because I went through the entire Trainer before 7Sage and it honestly didn't help much.