Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Law Advisor

jjmm1010jjmm1010 Alum Member

This is a random question... but can your designated pre law advisor at your undergraduate institution see or access your materials? Recommendations, test score, and things like that.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Only if you submit those materials to your institution's career center (or an equivalent of such), I think. My undergraduate institution's career center keeps recommendation letters for students.

I would like to be more certain about how prelaw advisors work, but my undergraduate institution's designated prelaw advisor was someone who explicitly said she doesn't know much about "prelaw stuff" and told me to search terms like "prelaw course requirements" on Yahoo.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

^ what FixedDice said. Also if you authorize having your pre-law advisor linked to your LSAC account, they can see when you take the LSAT. They don’t automatically have access to your applications though.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:
    ^ what FixedDice said. Also if you authorize having your pre-law advisor linked to your LSAC account, they can see when you take the LSAT. They don’t automatically have access to your applications though.

Oh I was under the impression that they had our scores as well?

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2018 4141 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Oh I was under the impression that they had our scores as well?

Not without you authorizing it. Mine did not have my score.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@jjmm1010 said:
    This is a random question... but can your designated pre law advisor at your undergraduate institution see or access your materials? Recommendations, test score, and things like that.

Mine definitely didn't, which was good because she wanted me to get a letter of rec from someone I didn't want as a reference. Other than that she was helpful though.