Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Websites for Law School Scholarships

goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
in General 3072 karma

Has anyone found any good websites for law school scholarships? I've looked a few times and there's not much out there. Most of the stuff I find is either mislabeled or has extremely specific criteria.

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

So I'm not an expert, but I'd try the ABA, the schools themselves, professional associations that relate to your work, community organizations, and awards that you may qualify for based on your stats.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    So I'm not an expert, but I'd try the ABA, the schools themselves, professional associations that relate to your work, community organizations, and awards that you may qualify for based on your stats.

Yeah, I've been doing this since posting. :D

edited March 2018 5254 karma

So you've run lots of searches but no luck yet? State bars and law firms might be helpful organizations as well. Maybe.

edited March 2018 3072 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    So you've run lots of searches but no luck yet? State bars and law firms might be helpful organizations as well. Maybe.

Honestly, doesn't seem to be much out there for me (because I'm white). I've been sending out emails to check my eligibility with sponsors. lol

There are some large general scholarships that are probably really competitive, but I guess it's worth a shot. :P

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

You should try reaching out to the financial aid office of the school you are planning to attend. They may give you scholarships tailored to your profile

3072 karma
  • AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Seconding the idea of talking to the people at the schools themselves. They tend to know a lot more that might be available than anyone on the outside does. Advisors, financial aid, etc.

5254 karma

And hopefully alumni can help provide ideas.