Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try before looking into solution for miscellaneous type logic games

Do the right wayDo the right way Alum Member
in Logic Games 181 karma

Hello Sages,
I need your advice in logic games. For solving miscellaneous games, what should be the ideal approach? Since those games don't fall into a specified category , I don't know what the starting point should be . While practicing such games , should i spend as much time as possible (may be like 2-3 hrs) to first crack the game on my own instead of trying for 20 mins and then move on to watching the solution.My approach to solve a foreign setup should be able improve on its own as there is no specified way to deal with such games so I am trying in all possible ways to improve that . I am not sure if that is a good way to deal with foreign games. Am i trying the misc games the right way?Thanks.

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

@"Do the right way" said:
    Hello Sages,
    ... I am trying in all possible ways to improve that . I am not sure if that is a good way to deal with foreign games. Am i trying the misc games the right way?Thanks.

Ultimately, for odd games, the very first thing in my estimation we should be focusing on are the "normal" games around that odd game in the set. We want to gear our approach towards getting as many points as we can in the set, this maximizes our score. With that caveat in place, for the odd game itself, the number one rule in our approach in my estimation is to read the directions/rules/stimulus slowly and with great care.
    -What exactly is being categorized or moved?
    -What is the action in the game?
    -Are there are inferences we can deduce by pushing together the rules?
    These questions might be hard to answer, but even with many odd games we can draw upon a historical precursor in game history for a general outline of how to approach the game. Take for instance: spoiler
    PT C game 4 is pretty similar to
    PT 72 game 4

In summation, I believe the following three skills can go a long way to helping us with odd games:
    -near perfection on the surrounding games (this helps us gain points and also takes off a bit of the pressure
    -a slow and careful read of the rules, with close attention to the action in the game
    -our fool proofing experience

I should also add that I started being able to answer 1 or 2 questions on an LG set correctly. This can be done. How you review the games is entirely up to you: whatever approach you feel gets the most for your approach next time.

David

• Do the right wayDo the right way Alum Member
    181 karma

@BinghamtonDave Thank you for the 3 important rules which we should focus on while solving for the miscellaneous type of games.
    I want to illustrate my understanding of action of game . Suppose there is a logical game based on passing and receiving of cards, so to figure out what is the action of the game we need to read the rules and try to simulate the game as much as possible(may be in a small scale) so that we get accustomed to the nuances of the rules and the game as a whole. That is one of the first few steps which we need to do properly .
    Is it what you meant by action of game ?