Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do any schools offer spring admissions?

I'm late to the game and didn't apply before I took my February LSAT because I wasn't sure if I was capable. I was pleasantly surprised with a162 but now I'm wondering if I'll really have to wait another year and a half before I can officially start law school since I missed the deadlines for this fall.

It seems like there aren't many schools that offer spring starts. I tried to find a comprehensive list but the last one was made by Powerscore earlier this decade. I'm looking particularly for T30 or T50 schools but I was hoping to get some information here before I sifted through each one individually.

Thank you! :)

Comments

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7294 karma

I put the application deadline and start date of every law school into a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kE98659Gp_T828edsUZRKrhcxnK6xF1mR5RICN_FDYs/edit#gid=413804031

That said, you should strongly consider applying next cycle. You'll have a better chance of being admitted if you send in your application early.

Good luck!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

I believe Baylor Law School does. Anyone on the quarter system usually does spring admit.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

I think you should still consider applying this cycle. Call the schools that you want to apply to and tell them your score and if they could make an exception and review your application for the fall. I think you will be surprised at how many schools will allow you to apply after their deadlines. Good luck.

If things don't work out for you and you don't get in, you can try again for next year, but I think you should try giving these schools a call before throwing in the towel.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I have not heard of spring starts.

However, you definitely could still apply this cycle even at schools where the deadline has passed.

But, you probably shouldn't. Usually you can get the best offers by applying at the very start of the cycle. It also gives you more time to negotiate scholarships which will be pivotal in your decision.

Finally, it gives you a shot at a retake. Even though a 162 is a great score, you should still retake. There is virtually no cost just the time and the literal cost of the test. Almost all schools take the highest score. There is room for a huge gain. Points on a learnable test could earn you $150,000 or more in avoided debt through a merit based scholarship.

• Danna BananaDanna Banana Member
    18 karma

Wow! Thank you so much, everybody. Super helpful responses (especially that spreadsheet). I might give some schools a call after all. :smiley:

• ABCjordanABCjordan Alum Member
    59 karma

I've called schools and asked them to look at my application even though it's late and every school that I asked except one is allowing me to apply.

• Danna BananaDanna Banana Member
    18 karma

@ABCjordan said:
    I've called schools and asked them to look at my application even though it's late and every school that I asked except one is allowing me to apply.

That's awesome! Do you mind if I ask which schools allowed it and didn't?

• ABCjordanABCjordan Alum Member
    59 karma

@dannaabrahim - Harvard, Stanford, Yale, and Columbia allowed it. Berkeley did not.