Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Took February Test, Thinking about retaking in July

frecklefacefreckleface Alum Member
edited April 2018 in July 2018 LSAT 10 karma

Is 16 weeks enough time to boost my score? I really froze on the last one. This would theoretically be my last chance. I was getting 170s on practice tests but ended up with a 155 on the actual test. Awful. Thoughts? I could also wait and take it in September. I just don't know how good that long of a study period would do for me. Also...I fear that I have taken all of the practice tests.

Worth noting that I have yet to use 7Sage. I used another prep company before. It honestly was helpful (like I said, I was super pleased with my practice tests), but I would love to really sharpen my skills and crush all of the logic games with 7Sage.

Help!

Comments

• NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    202 karma

Hi! I also took the test in February and will be taking it in July. I think if you've been getting really high scores on the PTs then it's just a matter of sharpening your skills until you aren't fazed on test day, no matter what the new questions are. You can take as many tests as you need, so I suggest taking the July test and then the September one if you want to :)

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited April 2018 2531 karma

16 weeks studying 30 hrs/week then yes you will improve - 16 weeks studying 5hrs/week, probably some improvement, but not 15+ points. Most people take about a year to improve that much. A 16 week plan would require you to devote a lot of time each week to studying in order to get through all of the Core Curriculum, fool-proof LG's 1-35 and take some recent PT's to diagnose your improvement.

That being said, 7sage is definitely worth it. I have improved greatly from the curriculum and the community cannot be praised enough. If you have to postpone your application then it's probably worth it. Not to be grandiose, but a big improvement on this test can change your whole life.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Looking back at your test taking experience in February, do you have a sense of why it was you panicked? That is, was it something about the content of the test or about the actual test taking experience itself? Did you find yourself noticieably more anxious when taking the actual test than the PTs. I know of several people on this forum who were performing quite well on PTs, but then they went into the test with heightened levels of anxiety over their performance (understandably, of course) and scored well below their PT average. In such cases, a number of them made it a goal to work on relaxation strategies for their second take, and they performed right around their average. If you're consistently getting in the 170+ range on practice tests, it seems like you issue might be something other than content difficulties, perhaps?

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Hmm. Thats a significant drop. Did you time yourself properly and were you using recent exams? What section and what kind of problem made you freeze