Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow on LG setups

Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
edited April 2018 in Logic Games 221 karma

I have noticed that one of my biggest issues is the time it takes me to do an initial set up for a game. For example, on a target 9 minute game I will literally spend 4 minutes setting up the game and still realize that I am going to have to do hypos for a number of the questions. Any pointers?

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Foolproofing and practice come to my mind. You can also speed up on the actual questions. It's just like RC: The more time you spend on analyzing the given information, the less time you will have for questions.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

When you draw your board, how do you draw it? Do you have pictures of your work? I have examples of board setups if you're interested.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

@"Mia Fairweather" said:
    I have noticed that one of my biggest issues is the time it takes me to do an initial set up for a game. For example, on a target 9 minute game I will literally spend 4 minutes setting up the game and still realize that I am going to have to do hypos for a number of the questions. Any pointers?

Depends, what are you doing for those 4 minutes? If the game requires a split to a certain degree, doing that and checking your rules can take 4 minutes. But the local questions should now be easier. This means not solving each local question or drawing out a game board. Your goal has to be to try to use your set up first without having to draw a board each time and check each inference against the answer choice.

But if you are taking just four minutes to simply write rules down and draw a very general master game board, you many need to review core curriculum and do those drills/quizzes about conditional logic. This will enable you to get faster in seeing how to write the rules down and seeing what inferences can be made when they are linked together.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

Agree with what Sami said. If you spend those 4 minutes splitting boards and getting a perfect understanding of the rules and how they function then it's not an issue because then the idea is you can breeze past the questions. If it takes you 4 minutes just to read and write out the rules and do one game board and then when doing questions you have to make new boards then it might be an issue. Also, do those hypotheticals not have anything to do with game boards you've already split? Also, do you go over the recommended time after doing questions or is it within the recommended time?

• olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
    235 karma

+1 what Sami said.

Foolproofing I think really helps build your intuition on when to split and into how many sub-gameboards.