Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study guide for full time undergrad student

T. ManusT. Manus Free Trial Member
in General 20 karma

Greetings, my new friends,
I am excited to explore 7Sage and get to know you. This Fall I will start final year of undergraduate and I want to start studying the LSAT this summer.

I work about 58 hours a week and on a given day I may have one or two 30-45 minute periods of free time that I can use to study. Does anyone have any schedule or approach suggestions that might be helpful to me this summer as I begin my LSAT journey? I am doubtful that I can find two hours a day to study at this point...

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Trevor

Comments

• rsrochlinrsrochlin Free Trial Member
    26 karma

I'm in a very similar boat with the time crunch. I study by reading up on strategies and explanations of the question types, I have a supplementary study book (a Kaplan Ultimate Guide from 2011) that explains how the questions are written and how to crack them. After that, I just continually run practice sections from previous tests. They are 35 minutes a piece, so you should have just enough time to do one section a day.

Other little things I do throughout the day include listening to a few podcasts, I like Thinking LSAT, which runs through how to prep for the LSAT and general law school admissions stuff. I also listen to The Law School Toolbox, but that's less of an LSAT podcast and more of a general Law School one.

I suggest practice, practice, practice. At this point it's still worth it to do aggressive drills, especially if you're preparing for the September or October LSAT.

Good luck!!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Fool-proof LG's as early as possible. Try doing 2 games a day from PT's 1-35, you'll be done with the whole batch in less than 3 months and you should see significant improvement in LG, perhaps even -0/-1 consistently.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited April 2018 4423 karma

I'd start with foolproofing logic games. First of all, it will give you a window into why 7sage is the best. Second you can do it at whatever pace you want. Third, when you buy a 7sage course you want to be able to study pretty intensively since the starter course for example expires after 3 months and you want to get the full use of it. It doesn't sound like you have time to do that yet.

7 sage posts the logic games explanations for free online so all you would have to do as far as cost is obtain and print copies of the test (preferably legitimately unless you are a pirate). By the time you are done foolproofing the games sections from tests1-35, you will have a clear idea of both how long it takes to improve on the LSAT and that it is possible. Hopefully you also will have the section of the test most people start out worst at down pat.

Explanations:
    https://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/

Basic Foolproofing Method:
    https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

Abbreviated Foolproofing Method(Pacifico Attack Strategy):
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

• T. ManusT. Manus Free Trial Member
    20 karma

Thank you all for your generous responses. I would like to contemplate and analyze your advice. I hope you will be patient and checkout my response!

T

• T. ManusT. Manus Free Trial Member
    20 karma

Hello,

I am back. First of all thank all of you again.

@Seeking Perfection I find your advice helpful, you laid out exactly how I can succeed with little time and little money. Paying for this course is a concern for me because although I work a lot, I am only making min. wage in CA and I am a student with plenty of other financial responsibilities. I will probably have to use the most economical course option.

@rsrochlin I've been listening to Thinking LSAT for the past few days. I enjoy using it a s motivational tool. Thank you for the recommendation.

Currently, I am just going through the the basic terminology in the 7sage free course, but my plan is to focus on the Logic Games this summer and do my senior year of undergrad, history in the fall and spring, and then study intensely next summer with the intention of taking the September 2019 exam.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I second seekingperfection. If you don’t have time and don’t plan on taking the LSAT until September 2019, the best thing you can do for now is foolproof logic games. It’s the most foreign thing to people starting out studying, but it’s not that hard to master, and isn’t really that time consuming. The only thing you need with LG is to maintain consistency, even if you do it for 30 minutes a day you just need to keep practicing to really get used to it. Once you have more free time you can focusing on LR and RC which are much more involved and time consuming.