Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking the LSAT.... again, even though I'm admitted... advice?

JoHutchinsJoHutchins Member
in June 2018 LSAT 13 karma

Hi there,

SO I took the LSAT last June, did alright, actually have been accepted to schools and have accepted an offer to a school. My school is now paying for me to take the LSAT again so I am able to have the best possible score I am able to achieve. Better for their numbers, and they have incentivized it for me as well, pending my score increases by even just one point.

I took an LSAT prep class last spring in preparation for my first go at the LSAT (of course at the time, did not think I would ever in my right mind volunteer to take it again). Ultimately, I'm trying to find the best suggested way for a refresher course, without trying to spend 90 hours a week entirely completing this course. I just am at a loss for what I should be prioritizing my time with as I have basically exactly one month from today to prepare.

I had originally thought I would just sift through the different lessons and attempt to complete all of the ones that stuck out to me as relevant or that I thought would be more beneficial than others (which for the record, I'm sure that this course is ALL very helpful, and I don't mean to say any one lesson is more important than the next. I also understand for the best results, it's probably best to have sufficient time to finish the entire course... I'm just not working with that situation).

Does anyone have suggestions for where to start in order to refresh myself and be best prepared for a second shot at the LSAT? How should I prioritize my time to get the best bang for my buck, so to speak? Any information or advice would be so welcome as I feel like I'm drowning in lots and lots of LSAT material with no direction. Thank you all so much in advance!

P.S. I so wish I knew about this course a couple years ago when I was first studying for the LSAT... this site is crazy cool.

Comments

• descherbdescherb Member
    5 karma

I havent taken the LSAT yet. Do you have access to your answers from last time? What types of questions or sections did you do well on, where is there a need for improvement? Additionally if you are concerned with how you will remember as opposed to improve you can always take a new prep test and compare the strength/weakness areas from last june. Anyway just uneducated suggestions on my part.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

I think it depends on when you are retaking the test. I assume its not June?

How did you do with LG in your last test? You will see that the most improvement comes from mastering LG which is the easier of the others (well, it depends on who you ask I guess). So you want to foolproof LG to get your score up.

As far as the rest of the course - I would suggest getting the LSAT Starter package and go through the LR basics as needed. I would def review your last test to see which questions were difficult for you and go from there.

Good luck!

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I'm in the exact same position as you. I have found that doing the LG and LR bundles from 1-59 have been a tremendous help. I also bought Velocity LSAT prep course and it has been super helpful. I'm up 12-14 points from my Sept 2017 score.

• edited May 2018 439 karma

I would PT, see what caused the most trouble, then sift through the CC based on that

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"gerth.brooks" said:
    I would PT, see what caused the most trouble, then sift through the CC based on that

Short and to the point! :heart:

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Definitely take a practice test. But if it is close as to what section needs the most work, work on logic games. Foolproofing some logic games is usually the clearest way to improve out of any section.

• JoHutchinsJoHutchins Member
    13 karma

Thanks for the suggestions all! I need to go back and take a look at my strengths/weaknesses from my first test as mentioned above. That's a great starting point. I think I'll also try and take a PT this weekend and use that as a measure for current strengths/weaknesses. Good luck to you all.

• JoHutchinsJoHutchins Member
    13 karma

@ZaTabler said:
    I'm in the exact same position as you. I have found that doing the LG and LR bundles from 1-59 have been a tremendous help. I also bought Velocity LSAT prep course and it has been super helpful. I'm up 12-14 points from my Sept 2017 score.
    @ZaTabler, can you clarify on doing the LG and LR bundles from 1-59? Sorry, I'm not following and I don't see anything that mentions this in the syllabus. Thanks in advance!