Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is t14 necessary for me?

first.things.firstfirst.things.first Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma

I would like to practice family law in the NJ/PA area....is t14 worth it for this type of practice if i dont get a substantial scholarship?

Comments

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

It's widely known that amongst all post bacc degrees, when it comes to law schools ranking really does matter in the job search. That being said though, if you're set on staying in that region, you can most likely get away with a well-known school in that area instead of a nationally ranked T-14.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

You should consider going to the best school you can for the best price. The worst case scenario would be going to a local low ranked school and then realizing family law isn't for you after all. Then you'd be s.o.l. Going to a higher ranked school gives you more flexibility if you decide to change your area of practice.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

how much will it cost for you and look at the employment outcomes for the schools you're considering and then you'll have you answer

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2531 karma

You definitely won't need t14 to practice family law in your area. Go to the best t30 or even t50 school in your region that offers you some scholarship money.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    edited June 2018 3788 karma

Not necessary but incredibly useful in case u want to practice in a different area of law and also for the alumni network

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

get a full scholarship + stipend somewhere.
    In the long run going to school for free is huge.