Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advice needed

bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member
edited June 2018 in September 2018 LSAT 27 karma

i am taking the LSAT in September for the first time and I need at least a 160. I scored a 145 on my first cold practice test. Is it possible to make that big of a jump in scoring in such a short period of time??

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

yes

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Depends on how much time you have from now until sept to devote solely to the LSAT.
    You'll have to start off by going over the fundamentals, then once that is taken care of you will naturally gain speed on the test.

A 145 to a 160 from now until September may or may not happen. You can always write in November.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    edited June 2018 715 karma

Currently in the same exact boat. I scored a 146 the last 2 PTs but my BR scores were a 160 and a 168 so I know I can get there. My biggest struggle is time. I still have a lot to work on in terms of memorizing valid/invalid inferences and group translations but overall it's timing. My plan is to keep doing the best I can but if I realize closer to September that I am not ready then I have already come to terms with the fact that I will have to push it back.

I was listening to Thinking LSAT podcast yesterday and they were talking about a girl that got a 153 and received a $17,000 scholarship a year to a school in San Diego. She has a much higher GPA than I do (3.7 vs my 3.38) but they kept saying if she waited one more year and retook the LSAT after more studying and got a higher score (even a 156 or 160), that scholarship could easily double. That really put it into perspective for me that sometimes pushing the test back to a time when your more prepared can literally be worth thousands. When I first started studying my goal was to just get into a local school, didn't need to be a T14 or anything, and that is how I set my goal score. But now my biggest focus is getting the best score I can get to allow more opportunity for scholarships.

So I am definitely biased but I think it's possible. Are you apart of the September BR Group? If not you should join. We are doing PT 47 this week and we meet on Thursdays. https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15925/september-2018-br-group/p1

• 439 karma

@kdln2018 said:
    i am taking the LSAT in September for the first time and I need at least a 160. I scored a 145 on my first cold practice test. Is it possible to make that big of a jump in scoring in such a short period of time??

Not if you're wasting your time on here asking if its possible :p Adding 15 points to a score is not small potatoes. It's definitely possible though, especially if you got your 145 without answering any LG questions.

• bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member
    27 karma

@LSATisJustLikeDarkSouls said:

@kdln2018 said:

Not if you're wasting your time on here asking if its possible :p Adding 15 points to a score is not small potatoes. It's definitely possible though, especially if you got your 145 without answering any LG questions.

what do you mean by "without answering any LG questions"??? as in without doing the logic games core curriculum??

• 439 karma

@kdln2018 No. I meant if you left the LG section blank in the test where you got a 145.