Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gre Prep Courses...

JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
edited June 2018 in Off-topic 3112 karma

I was thinking about taking the GRE. Not for law school but for potential joint degree programs. Is anyone else here studying for the GRE? If so, can you recommend any prep courses? Thanks!

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    edited June 2018 6045 karma

@JustDoIt it never ends does it???

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited June 2018 3112 karma

@keets993 It really doesn't...#overachieverproblems :(

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

A lot of joint programs I've seen require the LSAT or the GRE. You still have to apply to each program separately, but it seems as if admissions will accept the LSAT in lieu of the GRE if you are applying for a dual program.

• nmmizokaminmmizokami Alum Member
    edited June 2018 128 karma

I'm jointly studying for the LSAT and GRE but the LSAT usually takes precedence.

I haven't studied for the quantitative section yet because my math skills are up to date (I am a tutor by profession).

For the verbal section, I've been using Manhattan Prep's essential and advanced vocab flashcards. There are 1000 words so going through those will take some time. I definitely recommending getting these. I've been studying the flashcards in tandem with a paid service called Membean, which uses periodic quiz questions to reinforce already learned vocab words. I'd recommend Membean but with some hesitation, though, as their modes of learning seem a bit too easy (I wonder about longer-term recall). One thing that I do really like is that they include the roots for every word to help you understand the relationships among different words.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@teamteamvicster the [first world] problem is that I am already in. Nearly all of the programs that I am looking at require the GRE...maybe not seriously considering it but just thinking about it. Also...it's too weird not studying LSAT

@nmmizokami Thanks! I was looking into Manhttan Prep but will also look into Membean.