Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undisclosed unfairness

amicuslsatamicuslsat Alum Member
in General 178 karma

Why are international papers undisclosed, it doesn't seem fair we don't get to see what we got wrong :(

Comments

• testfromawaytestfromaway Alum Member
    280 karma

They're undisclosed because the tests may be reused for future administrations. That said, I also took an international test and I'm super bummed I won't get to see the full breakdown of my score when it's released next week :(

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Because some Feb tests administered in the US previously have been recycled for international tests including the June 2018 Europe and Asia tests. BUT I strongly believe LSAC should have charged the int'l candidates like 30 or 40 bucks less since certain services are NOT provided when they pay just as much as the US candidates. Unfair.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

Also the lack of choice in venues/the lack of July exam/lateness of exams. It's definitely not a level playing field, but not much in life is.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited July 2018 4428 karma

@badfrenchaccent said:
    Why are international papers undisclosed, it doesn't seem fair we don't get to see what we got wrong :(

It does seem kind of unfair, but not as unfair as if they made you take it at exactly the same time as all the other takers so that they could give you the same test and disclose it.

It costs money every time they disclose a test since they can't reuse the questions so they try to avoid it whenecer they can: Sabbath observers, tests canceled for natural disasters, February testers, ect.

I guess what I'm saying is that they are just trying to maximize profit. It's mot like there is an anti-international LSAT taker vendetta being pursued(at least as far as I can see).

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I really have nothing valuable to say, but I totally validate your frustration! I imagine that it would be harder to improve in between tests when you don't know what you got wrong. However, you should have a generally good idea from PTs. Are you happy with your score? Maybe we can still pull a win out of this testing situation somehow haha.