Old isn’t gold ? Lr / rc material

ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
in General 905 karma

Following off a thread stating that we should be focusing on pts 60-80s for rc ... does the same hold for lr why or why not

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

The 80s LR is no joke. The arguments are similar but the answers are much closer than they were in the 60s. RC on the other hand is pretty consistent throughout. I personally didn't find them that different and found the early ones to be great prep.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    The 80s LR is no joke. The arguments are similar but the answers are much closer than they were in the 60s. RC on the other hand is pretty consistent throughout. I personally didn't find them that different and found the early ones to be great prep.

Hahaha you can say that again ..

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I originally started in the 40s/50s material for LR. Then I jumped to the 70s and suddenly my scores tanked. I think they've gotten a little harder, and some of the format of the questions have changed. I feel like there are more "trap" answer choices. Answers that could be right if just 1 word in it was changed. It didn't take me too long to get used to it, but I would recommend not staying exclusively in the early tests. RC seems mostly unchanged to me, except for the comparative reading section. You should make sure not to neglect that if prepping with early tests.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I originally started in the 40s/50s material for LR. Then I jumped to the 70s and suddenly my scores tanked. I think they've gotten a little harder, and some of the format of the questions have changed. I feel like there are more "trap" answer choices. Answers that could be right if just 1 word in it was changed. It didn't take me too long to get used to it, but I would recommend not staying exclusively in the early tests. RC seems mostly unchanged to me, except for the comparative reading section. You should make sure not to neglect that if prepping with early tests.

Thank you