Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question About Fool Proofing

JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
in Logic Games 1532 karma

I'm in the process of fool proofing the games from PT 1-35. I'm only on PT 3 but I was wondering if it's ok to watch the explanation first, which is what I've been doing. Once I get more experience I plan to attempt the games on my own but for now is it ok to watch the explanation first? I've been averaging about 2 - 4 tries to foolproof a single game.

Comments

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

As someone who was once very bad at logic games, I would recommend attempting it on your own the first time. It might take longer in the short run, but it will help substantially in the long term.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

I would definitely attempt each game first. It is painful at first, but it is helpful in learning how to make key inferences on your own.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Yeah I agree with what everyone has said. You learn to make the inferences on your own which would be valuable in the long run.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, agreed with the others. I think it’s best to try it on your own once. That helps to show when you’re improving. It’ll push you to try making all the inferences first. Then watch the video, then do the repetitions. It’s definitely painstaking, but you’ll definitely see improvement over time.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Just to add to what other have said, one of the advantages to doing the game on your own first is that you have a better sense of your own improvement. If you consistently watch the video first, you deprive yourself of that metric because your result is influenced by an understanding of the game before going into it. Especially since some games of a really valuable inference that is tricky to recognize, but J.Y. makes it clear in the video, so you end up with never really knowing whether or not your skills are improving with regard to being able to recognize those inferences without having them pointed out to you.

Good luck! :smile: