Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Number of Law School Applicants Surges, Especially Among High Scorers

smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
edited August 2018 in Law School Admissions 512 karma

Interesting article-especially this LSAT info: Amid the rise in applicants, the council is moving forward with significant changes in how the LSAT is administered. The exam will be given 10 times a year starting with the 2020 admissions cycle, up from the current six times. And the test will go digital in the spring of 2019—it’s currently the only graduate admission test given on paper. https://www.law.com/2018/07/30/number-of-law-school-applicants-surges-especially-among-high-scorers/

Comments

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

"Number of Law School Applicants Surges, Especially Among High Scorers"

What encouraging news for us about to apply! Lol

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

@"David Bennett" said:
    "Number of Law School Applicants Surges, Especially Among High Scorers"

What encouraging news for us about to apply! Lol

My thoughts exactly!

• FMBTheSecondFMBTheSecond Alum Member
    18 karma

Well, this motivates me to study more.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@smartaone2 said:
    Interesting article-especially this LSAT info: Amid the rise in applicants, the council is moving forward with significant changes in how the LSAT is administered. The exam will be given 10 times a year starting with the 2020 admissions cycle, up from the current six times. And the test will go digital in the spring of 2019—it’s currently the only graduate admission test given on paper. https://www.law.com/2018/07/30/number-of-law-school-applicants-surges-especially-among-high-scorers/

Gahhh - don't remind me :disappointed:

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

going digital? how is that going to work with logic games?

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma

@tams2018 said:

I imagine it would look a lot like what the GMAT and CPA exams do at pro-metric centers. You get some scratch paper to use throughout the exam. The scratch paper won't serve any purpose during LR and RC, but will be useful for the LG section.

• Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

The issue with digital exams at commercial testing centers is the other testers in the room. I have taken a lot of professional exams that way and you could be sitting next to someone taking the insurance exam, who will be getting up for breaks, leaving the center every hour. Or coming into the seat right next to you while you are midexam, rustling around, etc. I took one test where the test center employees came in while I was testing and started putting up chairs on the desks and running the vacuum sweeper.

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

@tams2018 said:

I wonder if this could have any effect on the difficulty of games going forward. My gut tells me it most likely will not, but I could totally see it being a potential consideration.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited August 2018 3652 karma

@"Accounts Playable" said:

@tams2018 said:

I imagine it would look a lot like what the GMAT and CPA exams do at pro-metric centers. You get some scratch paper to use throughout the exam. The scratch paper won't serve any purpose during LR and RC, but will be useful for the LG section.

I would hope that they would do it on touch screens and provide a stylus to write on the screen. Having to keep referring back up to the screen and down to scratch paper is annoying and time consuming.

I wonder if digitizing will make taking the LSAT more expensive!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I took the digital exam. For LG, we got a booklet of scrap paper and a single pen. We were not allowed to bring pencils into the exam.