Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you rewatch video footage?

keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
in General 6050 karma

Hello all,

Just curious about something. When you record yourself, do you keep the video footage after? I record everything in excel spreadsheets for all sections so I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the files since footage of one PT is around 20 gigs. I'm aware I could move it to external harddrive but do people actually rewatch old footage?

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

What's the point? I guess the only thing would be to "self-coach" and pick up on your errors in the past. Otherwise it seems superfluous.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@keets993 said:
    Hello all,

Just curious about something. When you record yourself, do you keep the video footage after? I record everything in excel spreadsheets for all sections so I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the files since footage of one PT is around 20 gigs. I'm aware I could move it to external harddrive but do people actually rewatch old footage?

I recommend uploading on YouTube unlisted. By default, you can only upload videos that shorter than 15 minutes on YouTube but you can upload longer videos if you verify your Google Account.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

I have like 130 PT videos on YouTube :joy:

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

No, I don't. I actually delete old videos because they are so large. I'm interested to see if anyone re-watches old videos and for what purpose.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    edited August 2018 6050 karma

@btownsquee @Ohnoeshalpme that's why I'm like is it worth it to save or should I just delete. Wondering if people do rewatch and get something out of it.

@akistotle do you actually rewatch those videos?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@akistotle do you actually rewatch those videos?

I don’t usually rewatch but once or twice I have rewatched certain parts. When I was reviewing my timing sheet, I wondered why I spent 100 seconds on an easy question, and I rewatched that part to figure what I was doing.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@akistotle said:

@keets993 said:
    Hello all,

I recommend uploading on YouTube unlisted. By default, you can only upload videos that shorter than 15 minutes on YouTube but you can upload longer videos if you verify your Google Account.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

I have like 130 PT videos on YouTube :joy:

Sweet! Thanks for this :)

• ParmeetBParmeetB Alum Member
    43 karma

I'm sorry, I'm new to this. Record yourself why exactly? And how? I'm getting the feeling that it's something very common and I have NO clue what it is. Lol

edited August 2018 6050 karma

@ParmeetB basically you record yourself taking sections or PT so you can improve on your test taking strategy. While you might have a feeling you spent too long on a question before skipping or spent too long not skipping, those are just feelings. Video footage helps provide you with empirical evidence and helps you see what areas you spend too long on (or alternatively, not long enough, perfect amount). This way you know for a next time when to skip, when not to rush. Basically it's like how athletes rewatch game footage to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses. While the footage I record how much time I spent on each question /passage on excel spreadsheets.

43 karma

Wow. That is impressive. I had no clue this was a method of prepping.

Ok so just a clarification, how do you record yourself? Specially per question? I ask because won't that break your momentum while taking a PT? Or do you just put a camera over your head overlooking the PT and your hands where you can clearly see (while the clock is ticking) how much time you take per question/passage while taking a test?

6050 karma

@ParmeetB yeah it's the second method. You have it running in the background and review after. You can do this with untimed sections as well, it's a good way of getting used to timing conditions as well.

edited August 2018 43 karma

Ok. Gotta go get myself a camera I guess. Lol thanks !

6050 karma

@ParmeetB you can just use your phone