Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Test Scheduling

Martin. TMartin. T Alum Member
in General 53 karma

Hello all,

I have been struggling the longest with discipling myself enough to have a stable schedule and now I am starting to find some consistency in my study schedule. Unfortunately, I do not know how often I should take prep test or if I should wait to take them until I have reach the end of all the lessons on the syllabus. I have completed my first prep test and I am currently finishing my blind review method. However, I do not want to do another prep test until I know which approach would be more effective in improving my score.

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I think it's best to wait till the end of the CC to take a practice test, because then you can truly pinpoint your weakness. Starting out, a PT a week should be fine, the max should be two.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

The thing I found helpful in discipling my schedule was being part of a study group, because the schedule is pre-determined. Of course, that doesn't mean you need to burn yourself out to meet the schedule but it does help to tailor yourself. I think having other people to BR with also adds a layer of accountability that an arbitrary schedule doesn't.

I think it's best to wait till the end of the CC to take a practice test, because then you can truly pinpoint your weakness. Starting out, a PT a week should be fine, the max should be two.

Agreed, wait till you're done CC. There's no point in running (trying to do everything under timed conditions) when you can't walk (haven't mastered the fundamentals). Don't be so focused on the idea of PT-ing that you forget that PT is just a benchmark to see how you're doing. You can do timed and untimed drills to get data on your strengths and weaknesses.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Your intuition is correct. Don’t take a PT until you have made some meaningful progress. Try your best to finish the CC before taking the next one.