Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you're planning to retake..

lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
in General 267 karma

Do schools know it can they see on your file that you've registered for an upcoming lsat? anyone sure of the answer to this one?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Hmm...I'm not sure if they can see it or not, but I do know that once you have your LSAT score and all of your other application materials submitted then your application "goes complete" and it will be given the go ahead for the review process, so if you want them to hold off on reviewing it until you've retaken the LSAT then it's recommended that you reach out to the schools to let them know.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

On the apps, I believe there is a provision to indicate that you're signed up for an upcoming lsat, and schools will note it. But to be on the safe side, reach out to the schools to let them know as well.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

thank you both!

267 karma

sorry Kermit, which app are you referring to? lsac app?

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I'm pretty sure that they can't see this. I've been told that you should only notify a school that you are retaking if your numbers fall below their 50th percentile. Otherwise schools might think that you are not serious about attending, or that they are merely a safety school.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2124 karma

Hey, I meant the law school applications. When you go in to fill in your details for each school, there's a provision to indicate dates you have taken or plan to take the LSAT, which the schools receive.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

They definitely can see who is registered for tests, but I'm not sure of the details on how they get this info, if it's automatically sent to them or when. I've gotten many "good luck on the LSAT!" emails from law schools. Also if you apply and are registered for an upcoming LSAT, many schools will hold your application as incomplete unless you specifically request them to review it as-is. Every school's policy on that is a little different though. USC told me they absolutely won't review an application if you have a pending LSAT. You either have to withdraw for them to review it or they will hold it until they receive your score.

267 karma

oh wow, ok thanks guys!!