Queens College - Test Center Thoughts?

Has anyone taken the test at Queens College? What was your experience like? Or do you know anyone who has and how did they feel about it?

Comments

• monaalsaidimonaalsaidi Member
    53 karma

Testing there as well! I haven't done so before, but from reading the reviews, people seemed to think it was a favorable testing environment.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

In knowing the area, I would say it's going to be quiet. If you have a chance and it's convenient, I highly recommend taking it at Fordham Law. The rooms are totally soundproof and super comfortable.

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    204 karma

I took some classes there only, but make sure you got plenty of time to get there because the bus takes time. If you plan to go by car the traffic is mild. The campus is big. Stay positive. Focus. Good luck !!!

• jhbm_nycjhbm_nyc Alum Member
    edited September 2018 568 karma

My experience at Queens College in Flushing was pretty good. There were a ton of people last December and check-in took about an hour. They were really strict. They checked my bag like 3 times and even checked our pockets. That said, they were efficient and knew what they were doing. The proctors were reasonable, helpful, and kept time to the T.

Students were separated into multiple rooms, some big and some small. I was sent to the dining hall with about 50 test-takers. There were about 3 proctors, 2 of whom walked around the room most of the time. No complaints about noise or anything. Plenty of desk space, too. There were vending machines, water fountains, and the bathrooms had about 5 stalls.

I would definitely get there early since it's pretty far from any subway stop.

53 karma

does anyone if they have clocks on the walls there?

• jhbm_nycjhbm_nyc Alum Member
    568 karma

@monaalsaidi There was a big clock on the wall in the dining hall. Not sure about the other rooms.

• vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
    276 karma

Thanks so much everyone for your comments!

I tested at CUNY before, but it wasn't available this time. If you're testing at a later date in NYC, I would definitely recommend CUNY.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

the one bad thing was waiting outside until 8:30. they didn't let anyone in until 8:30 when I took it so if it's rainy or hot it can be frustrating

53 karma

update: i have also tested at cuny law (which was great) and then today at queens college. queens college was way more efficient and started relatively on time. @Tom_Tango we were let into the building well before 830 this time. by 830 most of were already seated, having signed our tickets and all. By like 8:50, the proctor was reading the directions. Would definitely recommend testing there. CUNY Law is better because of convenient transportation, but otherwise Queens college would be my choice, purely cause of the quick start.

• vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
    276 karma

@Tom_Tango and @monaalsaidi , thanks so much for sharing your experiences/comments. I'm glad that most of the feedback is positive for this test center.