Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✨ Official September 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ✨

1356

Comments

  • NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    202 karma

    @theLSATstruggs
    Was the question about the author’s tone/attitude In the14th Amendment passage “noxious aspects”?

    That's what I chose :)

  • DByrne07DByrne07 Monthly Member
    279 karma
  • keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

    Never had a thing for horses, never will. :') Sorry horsies

  • keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

    @theLSATstruggs said:
    Wtf were any of the RC passages trying to say??? I couldn’t get a solid grasp of the MP on any of the 4, and I didn’t feel sure about ANY of the answer choices that I selected....literally not one. And while I’m not usually great, I’m actually not completely terrible at RC. #panicking

    Was the question about the author’s tone/attitude In the14th Amendment passage “noxious aspects”?

    That's what I chose as well.

  • smooshiesmooshie Monthly Member
    31 karma

    @Nefertari said:
    Was the LR with question about apartments in old buildings real?

    Yes that one was real!

  • keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

    Couldn't grasp what the two authors (A and B) were talking about on the opera passages...

  • NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    202 karma

    @smooshie said:

    @Nefertari said:
    Was the LR with question about apartments in old buildings real?

    Yes that one was real!

    Thanks! But ugh I thought that one was experimental bc the questions felt really weird.... like the dogs/cats one.. and the MBF question about liking people and respecting them. Gahhh.

  • smooshiesmooshie Monthly Member
    31 karma

    @keepcalmandneuron said:

    @theLSATstruggs said:
    Wtf were any of the RC passages trying to say??? I couldn’t get a solid grasp of the MP on any of the 4, and I didn’t feel sure about ANY of the answer choices that I selected....literally not one. And while I’m not usually great, I’m actually not completely terrible at RC. #panicking

    Was the question about the author’s tone/attitude In the14th Amendment passage “noxious aspects”?

    That's what I chose as well.

    @Nefertari said:

    @theLSATstruggs
    Was the question about the author’s tone/attitude In the14th Amendment passage “noxious aspects”?

    That's what I chose :)

    Same. Chose that one

  • smooshiesmooshie Monthly Member
    31 karma

    @Nefertari said:

    @smooshie said:

    @Nefertari said:
    Was the LR with question about apartments in old buildings real?

    Yes that one was real!

    Thanks! But ugh I thought that one was experimental bc the questions felt really weird.... like the dogs/cats one.. and the MBF question about liking people and respecting them. Gahhh.

    Oh yeah! the dogs and cats one... :( The MBF was conditional logic.

  • Tatyana L.Tatyana L. Alum Member
    244 karma

    Was the LR section with the question about aerobic exercise vs weightlifting affecting math performance, real? I hope it was. The other section killed me.

  • Raychul123Raychul123 Legacy Member
    179 karma

    @SomewhereBetween120and180 said:
    Can anyone confirm how many questions were in the real RC? I mayyyy have misbubbled.

    There were 26 questions in one of the LR sections, so I think that means RC had 25

  • monaalsaidimonaalsaidi Legacy Member
    53 karma

    @SomewhereBetween120and180 hmmmm i think the RC had 27... everything is a blur

  • wrasschaertwrasschaert Legacy Member
    310 karma

    Does anyone know which LR is experimental for this sequence:
    LR(26)-RC-LR(26)-LR(25)-LG
    Thanks.

  • @Raychul123 25?? Oh man I had 27 bubbled. But I was pretty sure I was off by, at most 1. Can anyone confirm?

  • knisskat94knisskat94 Alum Member
    43 karma

    @SomewhereBetween120and180 said:
    @Raychul123 25?? Oh man I had 27 bubbled. But I was pretty sure I was off by, at most 1. Can anyone confirm?

    I’m pretty positive RC had 27!

  • mehreenmirmehreenmir Member
    27 karma

    Sigh I feel like the test was super easy and I just got pressurised by the time which is my biggest weakness! I feel like the LG was soooo easy no overload of complicated conditional
    Rules and only One rule substitution question? Anyway I had the following order
    LR -
    RC - law, horses, music (wtf was that?!?! It was French to me) and seismic activity
    LR -
    LR-
    LG - I think it was scheduling on 7 weeks? Assigning in booths? Can’t remember the other 2...

    I really think I am going to take it in November again. I just need to manage my time. I feel like the questions on LR were fairly easy I just went dumb cuz of time
    Pressure.

  • NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    202 karma

    @wrasschaert said:
    Does anyone know which LR is experimental for this sequence:
    LR(26)-RC-LR(26)-LR(25)-LG
    Thanks.

    Some are saying the 1st section, others are saying the 3rd section (2nd LR). I also read even if you have the same sequence, the experimental can be in different spots.

  • smooshiesmooshie Monthly Member
    31 karma

    Positive RC had 27 as well.

  • Raychul123Raychul123 Legacy Member
    179 karma

    @knisskat94 said:

    @SomewhereBetween120and180 said:
    @Raychul123 25?? Oh man I had 27 bubbled. But I was pretty sure I was off by, at most 1. Can anyone confirm?

    I’m pretty positive RC had 27!

    Actually now that you say 27 I think you’re right!

  • theLSATstruggstheLSATstruggs Alum Member
    edited September 2018 95 karma

    @keepcalmandneuron said:
    Couldn't grasp what the two authors (A and B) were talking about on the opera passages...

    Same. Both of the passages had me extremely confused. I had to guess on some of the questions due to lack of time...since it took me sooo effing long to get some sort of idea what was going on.

  • sic parvis magnasic parvis magna Alum Member
    170 karma

    Press F to pay respects

  • ZRR007ZRR007 Alum Member
    29 karma

    This is test is significantly more difficult than June’s. Especially RC and games( time consuming)...

  • mewynnmewynn Legacy Member
    3 karma

    Anyone which was the experimental in the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG test?

  • practicethepausepracticethepause Alum Member
    111 karma

    I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG.

    My first two LRs had 26 questions each and my last LR had 25. I'm assuming that one of my first two LRs had an experimental.

    In S1 LR, I had a question about Freud? I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right...
    In S3 LR, I had a question about the economist talking about small and medium businesses.

    Does anyone remember any one of these questions and if so, can identify which one is the EXP section? T.T <3

  • sic parvis magnasic parvis magna Alum Member
    170 karma

    @practicethepause said:
    I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG.

    My first two LRs had 26 questions each and my last LR had 25. I'm assuming that one of my first two LRs had an experimental.

    In S1 LR, I had a question about Freud? I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right...
    In S3 LR, I had a question about the economist talking about small and medium businesses.

    Does anyone remember any one of these questions and if so, can identify which one is the EXP section? T.T <3

    The economist one (which also had something about bumblebees) was the real LR

  • sunflowersandlawsunflowersandlaw Alum Member
    360 karma

    I don’t know if I agree with Powerscore. I felt like it was a -11 and even a -12 curve. Felt like Sept 2017’s test in terms of difficulty.

  • wrasschaertwrasschaert Legacy Member
    310 karma

    @Nefertari said:

    @wrasschaert said:
    Does anyone know which LR is experimental for this sequence:
    LR(26)-RC-LR(26)-LR(25)-LG
    Thanks.

    Some are saying the 1st section, others are saying the 3rd section (2nd LR). I also read even if you have the same sequence, the experimental can be in different spots.

    Ah, I see. That was my only hope of figuring out which LR is experimental. I can't remember which section had what questions, too many questions. Only LR question I remember for sure is that Section 2 had a difficult disagree question about pharmaceutical patents, early question too. And so, the wait begins...

  • tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

    @sunflowersandlaw said:
    I don’t know if I agree with Powerscore. I felt like it was a -11 and even a -12 curve. Felt like Sept 2017’s test in terms of difficulty.

    Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this -10, -11, -12 curve mean? Is it how many you can miss and still score a 170?

  • Lynn_SATLynn_SAT Alum Member
    26 karma

    Does anyone happen to recall what the last question or last couple questions on the real LR section with the kindness question was? Very concerned I misbubbled and missed one

  • NefertariNefertari Alum Member
    edited September 2018 202 karma

    @wrasschaert said:

    @Nefertari said:

    @wrasschaert said:
    Does anyone know which LR is experimental for this sequence:
    LR(26)-RC-LR(26)-LR(25)-LG
    Thanks.

    Some are saying the 1st section, others are saying the 3rd section (2nd LR). I also read even if you have the same sequence, the experimental can be in different spots.

    Ah, I see. That was my only hope of figuring out which LR is experimental. I can't remember which section had what questions, too many questions. Only LR question I remember for sure is that Section 2 had a difficult disagree question about pharmaceutical patents, early question too. And so, the wait begins...

    My info could be wrong though! I just snuck a peak at Powerscore's board and saw a lot of all kinds of speculations. But I remember that question so that section is probably real. The one with one about the desert fleas?

  • PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

    @practicethepause said:
    I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG.

    My first two LRs had 26 questions each and my last LR had 25. I'm assuming that one of my first two LRs had an experimental.

    In S1 LR, I had a question about Freud? I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right...
    In S3 LR, I had a question about the economist talking about small and medium businesses.

    Does anyone remember any one of these questions and if so, can identify which one is the EXP section? T.T <3

    WEIRD I had LR RC LR LR LG and my first LR had 25 Qs, and that one was experimental!! Did not have a Q about Freud :) Did had a Q about psychologists prescribing meds tho

  • PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

    I thought the 26 question LR was pretty hard, but the 25 Q one was pretty easy...
    What was that fairy ring question though...... ??

  • TeaLoverTeaLover Alum Member
    151 karma

    I think this test has standard 101 questions. For me it was: RC 27 LR 26 (RC 27 experimental) LG 23 LR 25
    I have a (weird) habit to circle the number of questions when I am super nervous lol.

  • lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    889 karma

    @DByrne07 said:

    @"lady macbeth" said:
    LR with low self-esteem ppl feel more disrespected, was real. and all innovations deserve funding, was real.

    Do you remember the questions about insurance sales and venus gases?

    yes about venus gases, kinda fuzzy about insurance sales.

  • practicethepausepracticethepause Alum Member
    111 karma

    @sunflowersandlaw BLESS YOUR SOUL. You just saved me from a hell load of stress. Thank you!!

  • practicethepausepracticethepause Alum Member
    111 karma

    @PearsonSpecterLittUp wait so did you have two 25 question lr and one 26 question lr??

  • PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

    @practicethepause said:
    @PearsonSpecterLittUp wait so did you have two 25 question lr and one 26 question lr??

    YES EXACTLY!!!

  • PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

    Anyone else find the kindness/respect/content question and the fairy ring question to be pretty hard?

  • Ahmad H_MAhmad H_M Alum Member
    edited September 2018 14 karma

    What did people answer for the flaw in cat dogs question, my guess was the author failed to consider that Admin note: deleted. Too specific

  • Ahmad H_MAhmad H_M Alum Member
    14 karma

    @PearsonSpecterLittUp said:
    Anyone else find the kindness/respect/content question and the fairy ring question to be pretty hard?

    Can you expand on the question type i feel like im blanking

  • lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited September 2018 889 karma

    @ahmadhmango said:
    What did people answer for the flaw in cat dogs question, my guess was the author failed to consider that Admin note: deleted. Too specific

    i chose that as well.

  • ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

    @ahmedhmango Just be careful talking about specific answer choices.

  • Raychul123Raychul123 Legacy Member
    179 karma

    @ahmadhmango said:

    @PearsonSpecterLittUp said:
    Anyone else find the kindness/respect/content question and the fairy ring question to be pretty hard?

    Can you expand on the question type i feel like im blanking

    Was this the one about the burrowing bugs and dry land patches or something? And they wanted you to strengthen the argument that it was burrowing that caused the dry land?

  • BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

    @zrkaren said:
    Was the Kafka RC experimental? Please Lord let it be

    Lol, Kafka? Don't think so... would be nice. I would have liked to read about kafka.

  • BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

    @jnucci23 said:
    Where is everyone seeing the PowerScore stuff? I can’t find anything on their site

    https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25459&start=40

  • ahunter2335ahunter2335 Member
    2 karma

    What is this "sugar sweetener" question everyone is referring to? I had an experimental LR but don't remember that at all. Was it one of the last questions of a section?

  • BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

    Thoughts/Analysis:
    LG - I felt like the LGs weren't stupendously hard. Nothing compared to the dinosaur or virus games, but all of them felt like at least 3+stars, and there was a lot of brute forcing required.
    RC - The comp passage was probably the easiest. The law passage was very difficult, because it used a two layered logic in its reasoning and the author was ambivalent on the topic.
    LR - The experimental section was very difficult. The other LR sections were reasonable, and I would say about average. Not too many time waster parallel reasoning questions, except for a super long NA question.

  • Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2018 1861 karma

    I just realized I answered the MBF question as a MBT :scream:
    ...T_T

  • mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Legacy Member
    519 karma

    @Bamboosprout said:
    Thoughts/Analysis:
    LG - I felt like the LGs weren't stupendously hard. Nothing compared to the dinosaur or virus games, but all of them felt like at least 3+stars, and there was a lot of brute forcing required.
    RC - The comp passage was probably the easiest. The law passage was very difficult, because it used a two layered logic in its reasoning and the author was ambivalent on the topic.
    LR - The experimental section was very difficult. The other LR sections were reasonable, and I would say about average. Not too many time waster parallel reasoning questions, except for a super long NA question.

    wow...i think you described it perfectly for me

    LOL spot on

  • BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

    @mynameisjeff said:

    @Bamboosprout said:
    Thoughts/Analysis:
    LG - I felt like the LGs weren't stupendously hard. Nothing compared to the dinosaur or virus games, but all of them felt like at least 3+stars, and there was a lot of brute forcing required.
    RC - The comp passage was probably the easiest. The law passage was very difficult, because it used a two layered logic in its reasoning and the author was ambivalent on the topic.
    LR - The experimental section was very difficult. The other LR sections were reasonable, and I would say about average. Not too many time waster parallel reasoning questions, except for a super long NA question.

    wow...i think you described it perfectly for me

    LOL spot on

    I felt like it allowed me to perform average. I feel like it was one of the most standard LSATs I've ever taken. I'm hopeful~ Sounds like it didn't go too poorly for you?

Sign In or Register to comment.