Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How high a score do i need for full scholarships from top schools as an international student?

jennie j.jennie j. Alum Member

How important is the LSAT score in getting a scholarship? I'm an international student and from a poor family. I must get a full scholarship and it's the only way I can afford going to law school. I took the LSAT once and got 175. Is it enough? Should I take it again and try to get a better score or should I work on application essays and other things? Which schools give out more full scholarships to international students? Thank you for your advice!

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

175 is definitely good enough. Seeing as how HYS don’t give merit scholarships and 175 is well above all other T14 medians, you should have no problem getting $$$

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Lol no you need a 185

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I actually don’t know very much about international student scholarships, but a higher lsat score than 175 won’t increase your chances as you are already in the 99.9th percentile and scholarships are awarded to the top students. You wouldn’t be passing anyone up and you probably qualify for automatic scholarships as well.

• edited September 2018 128 karma

omg girl how? how did you do it (175) as an international student? could you please share your methods or experiences of preparing LSAT...? im in awe btw you are amazing!

• jennie j.jennie j. Alum Member
    14 karma

@Kelly518 said:
    omg girl how? how did you do it (175) as an international student? could you please share your methods or experiences of preparing LSAT...? im in awe btw you are amazing!

lol watch JY's videos and talk to the very nice people here if you're confused ;) do 10 to 15 practice tests and once you understand the logic of the test writer, you can do well :smile:

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

To answer your original question, do not retake. A higher score won't change your financial aid outcome. Since you're an international student, do you have a LSAC calculable GPA? If you do and it's near the ballpark of a school's medians, then I'll say you have a fairly strong chance of a full scholarship at a top school. HYS's financial aid is also pure need-based so you should see some decent financial aid based on your background if you do get admitted.