Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL Duke Priority Track Invite in Gmail Spam

TrinkSchokoTrinkSchoko Free Trial Member
edited October 2018 in Law School Admissions 69 karma

So I got bored this morning, checked my Gmail Spam and voila, there's like 10 fee waiver emails in there, automatically filtered cos "it's similar to emails that have been identified as spam before". The star, of course, is Duke's invitation for me to apply Priority Track. I have been longing to receive it and who know it's been in my spam while I waited anxiously?
For those who don't listen to such advice like old me, check your spam.

Food for thought:
1. How often do applicants spam fee waiver emails just cos they are so annoyed of getting loads of them from schools they haven't even heard of? I mean I can relate to the frustration but are they technically spams?
2. I actually received the email before my Sep. score is released which is quite a surprise... so a 170 qualifies for Priority Track now?

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited October 2018 1804 karma

are they technically spams?

Technically, yes. I would say the term is especially applicable to those from lower ranked schools without the "Unsubscribe" option. (Not trying to disparage lower ranked schools; they seem to be the only ones that do not allow recipients to opt out of receiving more emails.)

a 170 qualifies for Priority Track now?

Apparently, but you could have received it based on your GPA.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited October 2018 3652 karma

My lsat score is lower than that and I got a priority track invite.

• TrinkSchokoTrinkSchoko Free Trial Member
    69 karma

@FixedDice Okay I haven't received any email that doesn't have an "unsubscribe" option, but if that's the case, definitely spam.
    @oshun1 Good to know! I think it's mostly me but I got the wrong impression from browsing TLS forums, thinking it's a 173+/3.9+ thing. Yeah thank you again 7sage community!