Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ED to NYU?

ezrafezraezrafezra Alum Member

My Stats: 3.82 162. Top tier research University.

Work experience in fed government internship, and in public interest law organization for an internship. Experience at a software startup too and currently working as a paralegal in SF Big Law firm.

Study abroad experiences in Asia.

Languages include Mandarin.

I’m also a non-AA URM.

So: should I maximize my chance at NYU by EDying? My goal is for NYC Big Law and eventually government work. I really like the school’s vibe; I had a great experience touring the school. If I get a Root-Tilden, it’s a done deal. But my lsat is low!

I am applying to Cal, Harvard, Columbia, and UChicago

Any shot at those?

My PS and DS and LORs are strong.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Well, this is a tough call. I think you might have a shot at it. However, how do finances play into your decision here? Are you willing to attend NYU at full sticker price? That is the only way that I would really say that you should ED there. Generally, I don't think it's wise to ED somewhere without a guaranteed scholarship unless you are able to pay for your own schooling. Applying ED means you have no leverage at all to negotiate your scholarship, and there's nothing stopping the school from taking advantage of that. If they wanted to give you $0 in scholarship, you would still be committed to attending. So, I would think long and hard about that. I think you'd be better off EDing at a place like Northwestern that has a significant scholarship attached (this year it is $120k).