Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why am I falling for the trap answer choice every. Single. Time.

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
in General 535 karma

You guessed it. I circle the question, put a tilda next to my two AC’s, select one, go back for BR, and ITS THE FREAKING TRAP ANSWER EVERY TIME. How did you all fix this problem?

Comments

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Are they shelling you? Are they causing you headaches with causal reasoning? Are they sneaking in a modifier that is seemingly unimportant in the passage which distinguishes between two answer choices?

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

These questions could represent a lack of knowledge on the process. That process is knowing how to select the right answer with confidence, or knowing how to eliminate 4 wrong answers with confidence. Many of the difficult questions on the test may require you to do one or the other.

Furthermore, if you can, review the question from JY and see how he describes why the right answer is right and the wrong answer is wrong. If you're not satisfied, check around and see if other people can explain it in a manner that is understandable.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

@acsimon said:
    Are they shelling you? Are they causing you headaches with causal reasoning? Are they sneaking in a modifier that is seemingly unimportant in the passage which distinguishes between two answer choices?

I’m doing fairly well with causation logic. It may be some modifiers I’m not paying close enough attention to.

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

If it’s modifiers what I found helps is focusing on the subjects of the premises and conclusion. Is the conclusion addressing the same group? Chances are it’s not. Then when you move to the Ac’s it’s a similar process. Does each AC address the same group as the premises or at least address a group that inferences can be made about. Focusing on the “who” in the stimulus really narrows down which ACs are relevant