Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advice

kleinstdkleinstd Alum Member

I took the LSAT in September and scored almost 10 points below my average. That said, I got right back on the horse and continued to study so I can redeem myself this Saturday. I got back the September exam through the LSAC portal and I am wondering if people think it would be beneficial to retake the September test or go over some sections this week? Or would it just bring back bad memories and ruin my mojo??

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Right on! I underperformed on June and did the same: back on the horse and ready for July.

I BRed my June test more throroughly than any other and I had a damn thorough BR process to begin w. I got real familiar w the error I made. I realized that it was truly an underperformance. That score was a reflection of test day nerves and not a lack of ability. The more I understood my errors on the June test, the more confident I became for July.

This week is about cultivating a mindset for Saturday. Do whatever you think will help you in that endeavor.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think that retaking the September test could either 1) show you how much you've improved or 2) psych you out. I knew that for me, retaking it or even BRing it would just make me unnecessarily mad/frustrated at myself, so I chose not to. I think this is just one of those situations where you know yourself the best

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think it depends on your own sort of processing and temperament. I know myself, and that if I BR an LSAT that I took, and especially if I bombed it, that I'll end up just kicking myself for my dumb mistakes and it won't put me in a good head space. For me, it's best to let the past be the past and keep my eyes ahead. However, if you process things more like @NotMyName and can see things objectively, then it might be helpful.
    I don't recommend you sit down for an entire PT this week at all. If anything, BR that test or some of it. You should be taking it very light these next few days to make sure you aren't burned out or overloaded. You want to be well rested and relaxed come Saturday!