Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what are "common sense" assumptions we can make on LSAT? What assumptions CANT we make?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member

hey all

so there are some LR and RC questions where there are some "common sense" assumptions the LSAT expects us to make.

On the other hand, there are other "assumptions" that the LSAT uses to bait us into trap answer choices.

How can we distinguish between these two different kinds of assumptions? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

An example on the top of my head would be .... a trap bait assumption is "exercise" = "more arthritis." According to the LSAT, that's a BAD assumption ( PT 69.1.5)

Another "common sense" assumption that was associated with the right answer choice was that "firms/companies want to make money."

Thanks!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I didn’t know that it’s common sense knowledge that exercise leads to arthritis.
    I think anything that you wouldn’t have learned by high school is not common sense knowledge. Just basics like the earth is round, gravity is constant, birds aren’t mammals...
    I think the only reason that one would think that businesses aren’t formed to make money would be if one didn’t live in a capitalist nation.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

@username_hello are you talking about answer choice (A)?

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma