Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth applying to when my stats are both 25%?

tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
edited December 2018 in Law School Admissions 770 karma

Hey guys, looking for some advice.

So like 6 or 7 of the schools I am looking at, both my GPA and LSAT fall smack dab in the 25% percentile for that school's class last cycle, per their respective admissions website.

Is it of any worth to apply to them? Maybe apply to couple as reach schools? I don't want to sink money into applying for them if I don't really stand a chance as 25% range for both their GPA and LSAT.

Comments

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

Are you taking the January test?

• Avery6555Avery6555 Alum Member
    14 karma

Which schools?

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

@Louislepauvre said:

At this point, I don't think I will take the January test.

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Why wouldn’t you take January? You have a good chance of being shut out of all those schools. I know it sucks, but if you can take January, take it

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

@tekken1225 said:

@Louislepauvre said:

At this point, I don't think I will take the January test.

Totally your call but I suggest you do it, man. Give yourself the best opportunity to get the highest score and the best chances to get in, and get scholarship money. My November score was 8 points under my average. I’m pretty disappointed, but I’m going to submit my apps in January, and click that button that says, “Hold on just a second...” then scores come out in February. That’s not too late to negotiate scholarships.