Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is applying in December/January considered late?

OvercomerOvercomer Free Trial Member
in General 96 karma

Hey everyone, so I've gotten out the bulk of my applications but I still want to submit more. I'm honestly just waiting on my next few paychecks. It's difficult to afford all these applications especially during the holidays. So would applying late December early January put me at a disadvantage? Should I just put the rest of my apps on a credit card? Please let me know if I should be submitting my apps asap.

Late or early
  1. Is December/Jan late or early in the cycle?10 votes
    1. It's late
      20.00%
    2. It's still on the early side
      80.00%

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I wouldn't say that it's late or early. December is still "on time," and January is starting to get a little bit on the later side. It's sort of the cusp.

• OvercomerOvercomer Free Trial Member
    96 karma

@MissChanandler ok thank you, I think i'll try to get everything out before the end of the month

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

No problem! I do think that a polished application in January is much better than a haphazard application in December, so if you need to take a little bit more time for polishing definitely do so!

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

@Overcomer said:
    Hey everyone, so I've gotten out the bulk of my applications but I still want to submit more. I'm honestly just waiting on my next few paychecks. It's difficult to afford all these applications especially during the holidays. So would applying late December early January put me at a disadvantage? Should I just put the rest of my apps on a credit card? Please let me know if I should be submitting my apps asap.

Hi I remember somebody posting about this year's cycle and whether it will be easier or harder. I think couple people mentioned that applications are coming in a bit later than usual. I think it would be an advantage for someone to get their applications in asap. However, I do not think it is necessarily a disadvantage if you do not get it in until late January. I tried looking for the forum and article, but I cannot seem to find it. If I come across it again, then I will post it here. Hope this helps!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think the first week or so of January isn't too bad, but later than that is when it starts going downhill. I don't think today vs. like the 31st through the 2nd or so is much different though.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I think the first week or so of January isn't too bad, but later than that is when it starts going downhill. I don't think today vs. like the 31st through the 2nd or so is much different though.

Agreed, a lot of admission offices are not processing apps from 12/20 to 1/2 as I learned the hard way lol.