Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to BR an official test?

keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
in General 6045 karma

Hi all,

I was just wondering how people would advise BR-ing an official test? It's been so long and I don't remember much from the test, nor have I looked at the questions I got wrong (specifically discussing november administration). Would it be better to take it as a timed test and then BR it extra carefully, afterwards checking what I missed in the official test, or to just BR the whole test? Or is there some third method that's best advised?

Thanks in advance :)

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0584ba2a53ae5f9ef7782eef423b69c3/tenor.gif?itemid=9394190

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Okay, so...this doesn't really answer your question, but I absolutely refused to BR or look at the September test. I knew I wanted to retake, but because of who I am as a person (lol) it would have been worse for me to really look over the test because I'd constantly kick myself over mistakes that were "avoidable." It just wouldn't have been a productive BR for me, especially a month after taking the test. Unless you're really desperate for fresh material, I think it's okay to just leave the November test alone.

If I were going to BR it, I would use the first method you described :smile:

• katrinagkkatrinagk Alum Member
    65 karma

I just BR the whole thing! Did it for Sept. and will be doing it for Nov. this week! :)

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

We're in the same boat. I know JY is doing Nov test BR sessions in January. I'm probably going to wait until then to review my Nov take. Until then, I'm just going back into CC to find any weak spots in my foundational comprehension. Will also use the section breakdown to start studying again. (I blew my LG section so i'll be foolproofing like a maniac.)

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Treat it like a regular PT and time it, then BR thoroughly. I think it will definitely be helpful to also think about why you made certain mistakes during exam.

• Harvey_lHarvey_l Alum Member
    edited December 2018 268 karma

If it is harmful to your mentality for the upcoming retakes you're going to go through, then do not blind review it. If it is not harmful to your mentality for the upcoming retakes, then just BR the entire PT. I have a fault where I vaguely remember certain LR or RC questions that I missed, and I contemplate again over the right answer and the answer I chose on my first take, then I would always choose the answer I picked on my first take...