Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

90% initial fail rate?

Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
in Logic Games 394 karma

Should I be concerned that, in the LG drill packs, I'm only completing about 10% of them in the requisite time? Obviously, after doing the Fool Proof method I can reach the correct timing, but I don't yet feel confident that I would get them correct within the time frame if they were new.
Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8699 karma

I wouldn't be too worried. It took me about 1,600 games to become even halfway competent in my approach to games. I will also note that the recommended times are great guideposts, but if your getting a 5 minute game done in 5 minutes and 25 seconds the first time with zero errors you will more than likely be alright. I always give myself a small amount of leeway on the recommended times. From my experience, what you're going through is entirely normal.

Best,
    David

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

That's just part of the learning curve! If you were nailing a bunch of them already, you wouldn't need 7sage haha. Practice makes perfect - that's what FPing is all about. I rarely if ever did them in the recommended time until I'd been studying for a while. Toward the end of my studying, I probably would get about 90% of them on the first try though. It just takes a while to build up that skill.