Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curve for unpublished test centre LSAT

olennkkaolennkka Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 48 karma
Hey all,

I sat the December LSAT at an unpublished test site in Japan, and from what I understand, the test I took was not the same as the one taken by those in North America. What I don't know is whether the test I took is the same as others took at published test centres outside of North America, or whether the test I took was completely different from both.

Also, does anyone know whether the same curve will apply to all tests administered in December, regardless of testing location?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    curve is dependent on the test itself, so if the LSAC gave tests throughout of equivalent difficulty then the curve would be the same but impossible to say
  • olennkkaolennkka Alum Member
    48 karma
    That's what I was thinking... Thanks @jdawg113
  • ahoneycahoneyc Alum Member
    48 karma
    I took the test at an unpublished test site in Bolivia in December and I know that I had the same test as some people in North America. Are you sure your test was different?
    48 karma
    Yea @ahoneyc I think so. At this point all I remember is that the last RC passage was about sand dunes in Mongolia. Does that ring a bell?
    edited December 2014 48 karma
    @olennkka Oh my goodness that is so weird! No I did not have anything like that! I had 2 RC's, and neither one of them had a passage about sand dunes in Mongolia.

So here is my opinion: I don't think that it would be fair for LSAC to curve your test based on a completely different test that every other test taker took for the 2014 December LSAT. They don't know ahead of time how people will perform on any given test and they can't just plug your score into a curve that is not even for a test that you took just because they think that the difficulty level is the same. I think that you should contact LSAC about it.

Everyone should have taken the same test this round. They shouldn't have given out different tests.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Curve is predetermined before administration so technically they wouldnt know how everyone would do for any particular test so it makes complete sense to curve that test based on the difficulty of that test. Being undisclosed there is also the possibility that test was used in a prior administration
    48 karma
    Yeah I guess having a different test overseas is normal. But I'm glad that I got the same one as everyone else so that I can read their comments about it!
    48 karma
    Yea, I really have no idea what to expect since I have no way to gauge the difficulty of the exam. Fingers crossed. Two more weeks to go!