PT Review - Watch all explanations?

shdov426shdov426 Alum Member
in General 58 karma

Do you all find yourselves watching JY's explanations for every question on PT's or just questions you circled and/or got wrong? I've always watched every explanation for every question as I thought maybe it would also reinforce good habits/thoughts for questions I got correct. Not sure if this is the most efficient use of time but I don't see what harm it could do. Wondering how all of you review PTs after BR, how you go about reviewing wronged/right answers, addressing patterns in Analytics; what works best for you? Thanks!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8705 karma

Yes, I watch all of the explanations. I feel as though it helps reinforce good habits. In my estimation there are four primary skills that can be sharpened by actively engaging with every one of the video explanations.
    1. Practice with identifying the "mechanical" aspects of the stimulus: premise(s), context, conclusion etc.
    2.Practice identify the underlying structure of the problems: causal reasoning, conditional reasoning, reasoning by analogy, conclusions that are supported by one single premise that takes a narrow view of a range of possibilities etc.
    3.Question type specific strategies (ie, how do we strengthen a correlation in the premise/causal conclusion type of problem?)
    4.Practice with common credited responses and common wrong answer choices as well as the less common forms.

I think cumulatively, watching every single video (some more than once) is a strategy we can justify by the benefits it affords us.For me personally, a PT followed by 4 days of thorough review was the amount fo time I needed to do this for one exam. I was able to move from what I calculated as a 137 diagnostic to a 168 official take.

I hope this helps
    David

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

I watch every question as well. I feel there is always something to learn with this test in every section, every question.

JY’s video explanations have helped me exponentially improve in all sections, for the questions I get right and especially the ones I get wrong. So, I would highly recommend people to do the same. I feel like every time I go back to review questions I get right, I see a part of JY’s strategy that I could’ve implemented to do the question with more clarity and precision. When I review questions I got wrong, well, we all know how beneficial that process is.