Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Afternoon Test Tips

pstroud97pstroud97 Member
in July 2019 LSAT 137 karma

I’m taking my first real LSAT tomorrow! I was wondering if any of you have advice for taking the afternoon test. I wake up between 7 and 8 and am unsure of how I should spend my time before going to the testing center. I don’t want to freak myself out or get too stressed...but I’ll be up for hours beforehand thinking about it. Any advice is appreciated. And good luck to any/all testing tomorrow! We got this!

Comments

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

Best of luck! I'll also be taking it. Last time for June, I got up around the same time you did and drank my coffee as early as possible to prevent a bathroom situation, and also went on a walk to kind of collect myself. Then I meditated, did a few warm-ups, and tried to read before making a small lunch and heading out. Tomorrow I may go walk to a bookstore to grab a magazine to read as I wait for people to filter in so I can go in right at 12:30, which is what I did last time.

• shane.11shane.11 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 20 karma

Good luck tomorrow! I'll also be awake around 7 or 8 so I'm going to make breakfast and drink one large glass of water so that I won't have the urge to use the bathroom during the test. After that I plan on playing one or two LG's, then reviewing how I approach different LR questions. My testing centre is beside a river so I'll be going fishing for an hour or so beforehand to help myself relax.

• 187 karma

Get your materials together and be certain to put them in a plastic bag. Remember no phones allowed (leave in car). Have all things put together the evening before. In the AM do some (2-4) problems and then get to the test site app. an hour or a bit more before test start, find a pleasant place to relax and meditate to help focus.

Good luck.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

I'm the type of person that feels a little uncomfortable until I get to where I need to be. When I travel I get to the gate first, confirm the flight didn't change gates on me, then I can go find a place to relax or grab a bite to eat while I wait.

On test day, I get to the center earlier than necessary (1-1.5 hours early) and go to check out the testing room. Then I go warm up for 10 minutes, walk around to calm the nerves, and finish warming up. Obviously everyone is different in the way they prefer to handle nerves. Walking helps me.

• LSATTrevLSATTrev Member
    68 karma

Sleep til 11 like me :)

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I’m getting there at 11 to make sure I know where I need to go. Then I’m going over some strategy maybe a couple games and I’ll take. 20 min power nap around 11:40. Good luck today!

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

We are awesome. Especially today ☺️

• ALEXAN.SALEXAN.S Alum Member
    108 karma

Best of luck everyone! Linking this post for some pre-test words of wisdom:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/17475/john-danahers-parable-of-the-plank

• turbodogturbodog Alum Member
    41 karma

I woke up at 6 this morning,which is pretty normal for me. First thing I did was grab a cup of coke (I do not like coffee) some pieces of a ham steak and took my vitamins while watching the weather. This may sound a bit hokie* but I checked my birth chart, which I actually pulled up yesterday. 7-8 showered and got dressed. Took care of my ferrets and made sure I gave them extra special treat. From here on out... I am having my hair trimmed at 10 then straight to chiropractor. I should be heading to the testing center by 10:45 (it's 35 minutes away) which will put me there very early if Houston traffic doesn't throw me for a loop.

It's "game on" today! Slow down. Do not try new tactics. At this point you know what you know. Stressing out to bad can only harm you. But remember a healthy amount of stress in NORMAL and crucial to performance. Rather importantly (in my mind at least) is knowing that it is empirically proven that when testing (especially competitive testing) being in the a room with others tends to have (of course not with all people) a positive correlation with better performance.

Sending out positivity to everyone who is testing today. I will be right there with you! ^.^

Most sincerely,
    ~Kimberly

P.S. Also possibly hokie* Today/tonight is the 1st phase of the full moon. Meaning women have a slight advantage within their selves... :smiley: