Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score Increase by 15 points or higher

kglsatnovicekglsatnovice Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 62 karma
Hi Fellow 7sager!

For those of you who have increased your score by 15 points or higher. How long did it take for you to see this type of results? My goal is to improve my score significantly for the June 2015 test. I'm new to 7 Sage and so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

KG

Comments

• debsaintvildebsaintvil Free Trial Member
    edited January 2015 8 karma
    I've gone up 22 points so far and I've been at it since about March of 2014! *edit* My advice is to take as much time as you need, even with intense study. So if you don't hit your target scores by June, you might want to take it later in the year. Like JY says, this test takes a lot of study time.
  • kglsatnovicekglsatnovice Alum Member
    edited January 2015 62 karma
    Thank you!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I'm up 32 points since early July.
    That's incredible! @ Ddakjiking do you care to share some helpful tips on how you were able to do so?
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Just remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint. And def do not burn through the newer PT's (52-74) until you have mastered the basics and have drilled the older PT's.

I highly recommend 7Sage. It helped me recently break the 160 barrier and have been PT'ing in the 167+ thus far.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    ^ This makes me hopeful! I studied from September - December and scored a 155 on the December. I'm def looking to score in the high 160s low 170s for October of 2015, so I've started studying now! Consistency! :)
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    edited January 2015 810 karma
    I went up by 20 points from my diagnostic to my actual test day result (154 to 174). I scored 175 on the first PT that I did after I completed the 7Sage curriculum, and hovered around that mark throughout my studies. I took the diagnostic + started studying in June, started taking PTs in July, and sat the September test.
  • catatat123catatat123 Member
    24 karma
    I went up from a 162 to a 177 today, and have been studying since late october. Definitely doable!
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    It's posts like this that make me very glad I chose 7Sage. This gives me hope that my goals are possible. I'm looking for a 20 point increase at the very least. I'm hoping for mid-high 160s. I took the September 2014 LSAT and got a 145 (used PowerScore for LSAT Prep Round 1). I mean the sky's the limit but mid-high 160s should get me into my target schools. My UGPA does not make be T14 material even if I was to get a 175+. Anyway, I was late taking my diagnostic for this second round of prep. I completed two weeks of 7Sage lessons before taking it and I increased my score already by 5 points. BR score was 10 points higher than my September 2014 test, 4 points higher than my highest PT. I'm planning on retaking in October. Making a 20 point increase definitely seems possible. But I have a lot of hard work to do.
    Thanks everyone for sharing, let's keep this dialogue going! I would appreciate more sharing of practicing tips and studying habits that you may have found helpful. I believe this is what sets 7Sage apart from other LSAT prep courses. I am really happy that I signed up. This is truly a supportive community of learners. The interaction between the students and how we can ask for advice while having access to the instructor is amazing! I can't wait to share my progress with you all.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    edited January 2015 213 karma
    Diag: 155
    Current PT avg (last 5, from PT 60 and up): 169

study, study, study. took in sept when I really wasn't ready (but just wanted to get it over with) and got a 164. Retaking and much more confident this time around.

I've found a lot of help with my retake on 7sage and top law schools, utilize your peers! I've been so pleasantly surprised to see how communal lsat takers are. there are plenty of study guides/schedules/advice available to you. utilize it early on after you've established foundations.
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    edited January 2015 181 karma
    Diagnosis : 140 (back in July, 2014)
    September lsat score: 149
    Currently in the low 160s

My UGPA isn't that great, so getting into a top 25 school isn't really obtainable. A T50, however, is.

The key to my current success is tons of practice. I practice at least 4 hours a day.

The Cambridge packets are perfect for practice.
    Thank you! @ Msmith85 I can't tell you how much it means to me that you shared your story.
    @ Bonjoursm I appreciate the advice and helpful tips. Thanks so much:-)
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2015 3545 karma
    Diagnostic: 151
    Highest PT: 174
    Average PT: 169

1) Fundamentals (I started with Blueprint, and then supplemented LR with Manhattan and 7sage)
    2) Drills (Cambridge)
    3) Practice tests + drills + timed sections (I use timed sections of practice tests that I've seen before)
    62 karma
    @ Blah170blah thanks also for sharing the study methods that were useful to you. Great stuff!