Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed vs. Untimed Practice

LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
in General 500 karma

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if I am consistently scoring between -1 to -3 in untimed LR sections, should I even bother with doing more untimed sections? or should I focus on taking timed sections to be improve my time? I usually am not able to answer all questions when I only have 35 minutes, missing around 7-8 questions in the LR section.

Comments

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

Missing -1 to -3 untimed is very good. This would suggest a pretty high BR score (For LR). With that said, I would definitely start to do things timed. You seem to have the LR skills down; you now must incorporate time, since the real thing is a time crunch.

I'd suggest practicing 10 questions in 10 minutes, and incorporating skipping strategies that could really help increase your timed score. (I personally haven't tried this yet, but many people have said that this has helped them get faster)

• Woodsy_567Woodsy_567 Member
    257 karma

I agree with the previous comment. What really helped me in LR was knowing when to skip (make sure to flag the question when you skip so it’s easy to get back to). Give each question a sincere effort and flag the ones that give you trouble/are going to require more time so you can come back to them after you’ve gone through all the questions. Don’t get stuck spending 2 or 3 minutes on a question when you haven’t seen the whole section.