Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice pls

I am trying to decide about canceling or keeping my Sept score and wanted to get some other opinions. I have two scores on file from June (158) and July (160). I had been consistently PTing in the mid 160s (164-167) before Sept and my goal score was a 164 since it's the median for my top school choices though I would be ok with any increase, even 1 point, after this test. LG crushed me (barely completed 2 of the games and guessed on most) and ruined my confidence going forward on the other sections so I don't have a clear memory of how I did on them (though I remember feeling relatively good about the LRs and most of the RC).

Is it worth taking the chance of a score decrease and keeping the score or better to cancel and go forward with applying to schools with the 160 even though it's below the median/most of my PTs? (My GPA is right at the median for most schools I'm looking at and I have some other aspects of my application that should give me a bit of a boost).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• 118 karma

I would say keep it. You never know if you made up for your LG in the LR and RC sections. I am in the same boat. I know I bombed LG, but I think the rest of the test went well. You could still end up with a 164, especially if they give a decent curve. The only way I would cancel is if you don't feel completely confident in the other 3 sections. Good luck!