Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice vs the Real Thing

alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
edited January 2015 in General 812 karma
For those of you who have sat for an official LSAT already, what was the biggest difference between actual game day and practice PTs?

Comments

• natashabanks1natashabanks1 Free Trial Member
    55 karma
    if you are used to taking PTs in complete silence... keep in mind someone can be scribbling their games down while you are focusing on reading the RC passage.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You may be on RC meanwhile the person next to you is working on LG and you can hear them tapping on their pencil. Make sure you take PTs in not too quiet areas. Sometimes in a coffee shop/park. To get a feel for it.
  • GettingOutGettingOut Alum Member
    edited January 2015 79 karma
    I have found that the largest difference is the the casual manner you enter a practice test and the unfortunate strenuous manner you enter the real test. This may not be true for everyone, however, it certainly provided the "tax" that you hear about from other game day test takers. Simply put, it is difficult to prevent yourself from getting amped in the beginning. It took me 2/3s of the way through section 1 to start to relax and enter my rhythm. Maybe I should've taken a shot of something to calm the nerves before hand. HA!
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    this is difficult to prep for, but:
    on test day when an LR q is bugging you, you don't get the comfort that you'll just BR it later that day. It's real and whichever answer you choose is definite.

• Ben SchnellBen Schnell Alum Member
    54 karma
    I didn't realize everyone would be on different sections. The person next to me was working on Logic Games for his first section while mine was LR. It REALLY distracted me for the first minute or two.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Taking it for the first time next weekend but pretty glad I saw this thread beforehand. I don't mind distractions on LG and LR but need absolute quiet with RC. I didn't realize that everyone's section ordering would be different.

Will be drilling RC sections with distractions for the next week. :P
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences! Lets keep the comments coming for all of us about to sit for the first time...
  • devin.balutdevin.balut Free Trial Member
    77 karma
    How much time the paper distribution and formalities takes, though maybe you'll be used to waiting around if you have been PT'n authentically, I hadn't taken a PT at that point so was unprepared. I barely found the place in time so I was pumped full of adrenaline when I got in. 20 minutes later when we started it had all vanished lol