Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to move forward ?

lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
in General 256 karma

Hi guys,

I am taking the LSAT on January 13th, which is in two months. I have been hitting around the 155-156 range untimed. My diagnostic was a pretty low score, so this is a huge jump for me. I wanted to score around 165, a 160 would do as well. I am not doing anything else other than the LSAT. I have been thinking about drilling practice tests and just focusing on my weaknesses for the next few weeks. In the last month, I was planning to take full timed practice tests, 2-3 every week. I was wondering if this would be a good approach or should I try something different ?. Also, is increasing an untimed score of 155 to 160-165 timed doable in the next two months ?

Thank You

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

It will be hard, but luckily the jump from 150s to 160s is much easier than 160s to 170s. Are you applying this year? If not, can you take it in March instead or in the summer? It would give you much more time.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

From what I've heard from others - big jumps in short periods are absolutely possible depending on where your weaknesses lie. If you're weaker in Logic Games then you can see big gains from drilling those. If you're weaker in Reading Comp, it might be harder

• simplayyysimplayyy Alum Member
    59 karma

I’m taking the November test. One thing I wish I did more of in retrospect is retakes. Go through old practice test and retake random sections. What you get wrong will tell you about what corrections stuck and which didn’t!

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    edited November 2019 938 karma

Going from 155 untimed to 165 TIMED would be really hard. I don't think it's impossible, but it is unlikely. I'd argue that your untimed score would/should be in the 170s if you want a 165 timed score.

With 2 months until the Jan exam, my guesstimation is that you could probably hit 160 timed, but even this would take some hard work. If you want to hit 165 timed, i'd suggest extending until March.

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma