PTs vs. IRL - are there any stats?

in General 242 karma

I took 15 PTs all in my desired range. Test day was a blur., I have NO CLUE how I did. Are there any stats out there about PTs vs the real thing?? What is the statistical chances one would be WAYYYYYY off their PTs??

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

I’ve been talking to some friends, and most have experienced a drop of 5-10 points. Some score right where they last PTed. Personally, I was scoring 151 and got a 154 in July. My October test is on hold (looonggg story) so i do not know my score. I cannot offer any personal insight (besides the July one).

I’ve heard of some people dropping 15 points, but only one. I’ve also heard of some people getting insanely lucky and guessing right on the last 6 questions.

Just take your lowest test score this month, I doubt yours will be lower than that! That is the worst case scenario, since other cases are just statistically unlikely.

Please dont worry too much. I realize i am a hypocrite in saying this. I have been having LSAT nightmares for two weeks aha. But seriously, I am positive you did well. You sound like you studied hard!

I hope this helps!

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

My only record score was 5 points below my PT average. Of course, that was September when a rogue LG section owned my soul. I scored at or better than my PT average on the rest of the exam. I just took Monday’s exam and feel like I nailed it so...I’ll let you know in a few weeks?