Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC transcripts

Hey 7sagers,
just a quick question about transcripts: I just submitted my request to send transcript to LSAC, and I saw that on the website LSAC says it takes up to two weeks to process. But I am still waiting on my grades this semester, which won't be released until January... Can I request another transcript and update the one I just sent in January? What if I already sent some apps to schools by then? Do you guys know if I can tell schools to update my transcript?

Thanks!

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

From the LSAC website:

Updating Your Transcript Information
    You should have official transcripts sent to LSAC for any additional academic work completed after your initial law school reports have been sent to law schools by LSAC. This information will be incorporated into your file, and updated transcript reports will be sent to the law schools as long as their reporting term is still current.

https://www.lsac.org/llm-other-law-program-applicants/application-process-llm-other-law-programs/application-0

• 242 karma

do you have to pay for CAS before your transcripts are processed???

• SharpieHighlighterSharpieHighlighter Alum Member
    edited December 2019 132 karma

@shesovertheedge said:
    do you have to pay for CAS before your transcripts are processed???

I didn't see a way to upload transcripts until I purchased CAS. To the best of my knowledge, most law schools require applications through CAS, so I don't believe there's any getting around it.