Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking LSAT after being accepted to your desired school

bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
edited February 2015 in General 181 karma
Let's say I earned a 163 on my lsat, and was accepted to the law school I wanted to get into, but was not offered a scholarship. If I retake the LSAT after being accepted, and earn a significantly higher score, would I have to opportunity to negotiate for a scholarship for my second year of law school?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    If you do a lot better after being accepted, you can try negotiating for your first year. Unless you did a binding early decision, you have the card of withdrawing if you don't get more $ so schools typically offer up some money.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    yes you can. you would probably less likely to get as much as if you were on WL and get off + scholly with a new score but if you get straight up acceptance and score higher you can contact them to let them know and see what they can do for you (almost same situation as getting a small scholly and retaking for a bigger one same school, same cycle
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Usually you'll be able to negotiate before you start.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    Totally.. you could also do it in your first year...some schools give out scholarships just before they start... for example, UCI gave me 75K just when they were about to start last year... I didn't go... got a non binding deferral with schol in tact... but the main point to realize is that in the current law school climate, they are as eager to have good students... ratings and whatnot... and the deal is that a higher LSAT score makes you a totally new candidate for them.. someone who might take up a spot at a more prestigious institution next year or even this year depending on the jump and the timing of your app... so if your score is high enough, the school is likely to give you a substantial schol.