noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
edited December 2021 in General 3481 karma

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I'm also interested in hearing the answer to this!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I think it depends how fast your planning on going through them. If your nearing test date, obviously alternating to get used to the more recent tests is a good idea. If your far away I dont see a problem with working upwards slowly. In fact it might be beneficial because you will get accustomed to literally all the official changes they made to the LSAT over the years its been administered.

@cooljon525 pretty much just worked up from 14 I believe, and did really well

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

I have heard that if you are consistently scoring in your target range while doing PTs in order, then try to alternate by taking a PT in a different group. Meaning, if you are PTing in the 50s and are scoring consistently, then maybe try to take one PT in the 60s just to see if you would be scoring similarly.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

The reason I started at 14 was because my first 10-20 tests I couldn't even finish on time and was just learning how the test worked. I'd rather burn the really older tests while learning at the beginning stage than the newest ones. Also, I got to see how the test changed over the years and while it got harder, I adapted with the test. When I got closer to my test date, I started jumping by every 5 tests.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

Toward the end of my studying I bounced around for that very reason, except for the last week when I did a bunch of very recent PTs. Although I tell my students now to use 1-30 for drills, 31-50 for practice sections, and 51+ for full length PTs.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

To make sure you are doing 5 section PTs, I used the 30s to add a section to the later tests as well. I started at about 58 and worked up while drilling 1-30 and 30-57ish for practice sets.